Chronic itch on neck

jennAugust 17, 2006

I read a list of peri-menopause / menopause symptoms once that included itchy spots.

Well I have one at the base of my neck where it meets my shoulder. It started 8 or 9 years ago(!!) and feels like ants are crawling around in this spot. I asked Hubby to look closely to see if he can see anything, and he said there is nothing there. When it starts, it drives me crazy!! This is the only spot I have like this.

Does anyone else have anything like this?

Jen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Hi Jenn,
I used to have an itchy neck alot....and it was mostly on one side, and where my neck met my shoulder. It would drive me crazy. Now that you mention it, it did happen during perimenopause, but has subsided. I think I figured out that it happens when I drink milk. Can you associate it with any food you've had? It might be a bit of a food "allergy" or intolerance.
It used to drive me whacky, and the only thing that would sort of help, would be to take a shower. Anti-itch creams only made it worse.

Bookmark   August 18, 2006 at 10:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1

My feet itch like a major case of hives... but it goes away when I take my progesterone cream... took me forEVER to figure that out.. I used Benadryl, Benadryl lotion, sticking my feet in cold water.... and screaming. :o) I also found out that it seemed to correlate with some strange off the wall water retention... not all the time, but if I retained water that day, my feet would itch.

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 10:56AM
More Discussions
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
garule
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™