How important is a prep sink?
So we have a 11.5' X 11' kitchen.
How we use the kitchen
* My wife baking for 2-3 hours at a time ... sometimes overlapping with us cooking meals.
And when it comes to cooking:
* My wife cooking (35%)
* My wife and myself cooking together(35% of the time)
* Making Delicious pizza's - everything including sauce from scratch (5%)
* A Guest cook, with the 2 of us being sous chefs (20% - we are foodies and know quite a few people in the food business : ) )
1) We have decided on a layout where we separated the baking station from the cooking station.
2) Given the size of the kitchen and that we would like different prep zones and plenty of counter space, we only have one sink (Franke Orca) that will serve as both wet prep and cleaning station. (Have attached a layout).
Would not having a prep sink be detrimental to the way we cook? We don't have much counter space and really would love to have the continuous 10 foot stretch of usable prep space on the east wall.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.