I'm new, want some sympathy ...

gigi-fAugust 31, 2006

Hi all. I'm Gigi, live in Southern California (Orange County), I'm 46 and according to my doctor, menopause is here! And I really need to vent, feel free to ignore me if I'm out of line here.

Anyway, I seem to (so far) be doing sort-of ok, except, well, IT'S TOO BLASTED HOT! Every minute, everywhere I go, everything I do, I feel like I'm in an oven. I know this is because of the menopause, and it's probably "normal".

I have always liked the temperature a bit colder than everyone else, but in the last year, I am more comfortable at around 68-70 degrees. I can't seem to sleep when it's hotter than that, and everyone else wants 78-80 degrees (like, at work). I try to be pleasant, I know 68-70 is colder than most people like it, and I haven't been able to find anything that helps.

Taking off layers of clothing has not helped. Herbal stuff has not helped. Carrying a spray bottle of ice water has not helped. Diet and exercise changes has not helped. Because of other health concerns, and mostly because of $$$ and my insurance being stupid, I'm not a good candidate for hormones to help me out (I'm starting to think I should go to a new Dr, not tell them anything and get the pills anyway and if I die, so what?).

AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING IN AN OVEN SO EVERYONE ELSE CAN BE COMFORTABLE!

I just really had to say that before I explode and bite someone's head off. Thanks for letting me vent.

Gigi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1

yeah... it can be miserable... but WINTER'S COMING! :o) I live with a guy, born and bred in Sacramento who should have been born in Alaska... so I can sympathize (not for myself who likes it warmer). I take an over the counter cream "Before and After" Meno cream... it's a progesterone cream... helps a lot, but I don't know if it'll help with the need to live in a refrigerator, but maybe with the frustration? :o) I talked to my gyno, and the cream is really good stuff, she's checked it out... not like the cream that's under the counter and dosed for anti-pregnancy.
I hope it gets somewhat more tolerable for you before you resort to homicide. :D Homicide is NOT good! :D Well...wait a minute.... jail, they keep jail cold for you. :D

Bookmark   August 31, 2006 at 9:07PM
gw:gigi-f

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to come in and see ... someone here responded kindly, and helpfully. I went home yesterday and thought "Oh, man, I'm such a b**ch, those people don't deserve that, I shouldn't have sent that, I'll have to apologize". So, I'm sorry if I started out on the wrong foot here, or if my rant upset, offended, annoyed, or whatever anyone.

I will look for the "Before and After" cream. I don't remember ever seeing it, but if it helps with this rising resentment, anger, irritation, b**chiness, it'll be worth its weight in gold! Thank you so much.

Gigi

P.S. - actually, jails don't have any climate controls here in California (I know someone in one). Sometimes, they get fans, but air conditioning and the like are just right out.

Bookmark   September 1, 2006 at 11:35AM
Heathen1

Oh! :o) Well... My informant ended at the county jail. :D
it does help ME with the b*tchiness... sometimes... but you can find various posts on various forums where I've 'let 'er rip' :D Poor people! It helped a lot with the homicidal feelings while driving. But I am TRYING to practice my breathing... better than homicide I guess.

Bookmark   September 1, 2006 at 1:08PM
annielu

Hi Gigi,
I can sympathize with you!!!! I take a shower, go to dry my hair, and I'm standing there sweating-in need of another shower! I feel like my thermostat's always on HOT!!! I've tried over-the counter-stuff but nothing seems to help. I was on Premarin but took myself off.
I have fans on all day to keep cool cause hubby won't turn the AC on. It's a nightmare!!1

Bookmark   September 1, 2006 at 2:32PM
More Discussions
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
grule
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™