HRT; How long until I feel some relief?

kim0201August 20, 2006

I've been diagnosed as having hit menopause & of course I'm experiencing most of the symptoms. After almost a year of these symptoms, I finally asked my doctor to prescribe an HRT for me. He prescribed Activelle & I've been taking it about a week. Any idea how long until I might begin to feel some relief from menopause symptoms? Certainly hope this one works for me. I've heard friends talk about having to try several before finding an HRT which worked for them. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

I always thought 2 months was about right. I know that probably depresses you. But hormones are powerful things that make big changes, and it takes your body about 2 months to incorporate the hormones. You'll probably feel some changes before then, but good or bad, you should give it a 2 months run before deciding for sure.

Bookmark   August 21, 2006 at 7:42PM
moumine_2006

I had the same problem,and I want to a health store and had a good talk we the person in chager.She said there were a few things that will help you so I tied the produit she told me to and it worked for me,and I also went to an acuponter.It took a few times and now my hot flashes are all most gone.So the only thing I can say is "give it a try it can't hurt you"

Good luck

Bookmark   August 21, 2006 at 8:38PM
kim0201

Thanks catherinet & moumine_2006:

I've waited this long for some relief; a few more weeks won't be bad. I was lucky to get about 50 days worth from the Dr in free samples so by that time I should know if this HRT is right for me. Wondering if I might experience more energy; I'm hopeful. I don't know if it's so much that menopause is zapping my energy, but possibly not sleeping well thru the night is the culprit. At any rate, I'm about 10 days into it and I'll remain hopeful. Thanks again for the advice.

Bookmark   August 22, 2006 at 9:28PM
More Discussions
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
grule
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
help me interpret the FSH numbers?
i just received my FSH results back (and though i realize...
llmoyer123
Is this temporary or is my life effectively over?
I am 51 years old and I haven�t had a period...
Bubbbles
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™