Lack of libido

audrey_gwAugust 22, 2001

I have read your posts concerning this issue.I feel like someone came in and turned the libido switch off.My mate has a strong one.I am afraid of what this may do to our relationship.I haven't had a period for three years.Tried several different hrt's but stopped because of side effects.Has anyone had any success with this problem.What about testosterone.Has any doctors prescribed it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annelind_coldreams_com

Audrey, I hope others who have dealt successfully with this problem will post. I know exactly what you mean about the "light switch being turned off". And, you are right, it is a major stress in a relationship. Good luck with others offering advice. I'll be reading too.

Bookmark   August 24, 2001 at 9:30AM
jan_pbol_net

I had this same problem for years. It started when I started going thru menopause and got worse when I got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I knew it had to do with my hormones being off, but the doctor said it was mental, was I under a lot of stress, etc? Recently I started taking natural sublingual estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. It's the testosterone that gives you back your sex drive. I highly recommend it. I went to www.collegepharmacy.com and ordered mine. It's expensive, but your insurance should pay for part of it. Also, your own doctor may prescribe it. It's compounded. Hope this helps you.

Bookmark   August 24, 2001 at 6:13PM
ebony623_earthlink_net

How long did it take for natural sublingual estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone to take affect?

Bookmark   August 25, 2001 at 9:07AM
lablady

I sure hope Jan's message was not planted by someone from college pharmacy in effort to get business. Unfortunately this kind of thing happens. Just a warning ladies, don't take everything posted here as fact. Some people here plant messages to sell their products.

Bookmark   December 9, 2001 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
Is this temporary or is my life effectively over?
I am 51 years old and I haven�t had a period...
Bubbbles
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™