Period?

Busybody_TJuly 25, 2003

OH MY GOSH! I am a just 47 year old. My period has been exactly 28 day's apart since the birth of my last child, who just turned 17 yesterday. With her birth, my third beautiful, healthy child I had a tubal-ligation. (sp).

My last 4-6 periods have been, well, let's just say I could not leave the house for 2 day's during each cycle.

Our son's wedding. I am suppose to start my period the day prior. I prayed and prayed to let it be late, or early or at least not so major! Ok. It is now officialy 2 weeks late? What is up? I am experiencing cluster headachs, and my breasts are super swollen and tender. Should I have a PG test????? Where are my sisters?????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MaryAnn_AL

I just read your post and since no one has replied thought I would. It's been a couple of weeks, how are things now? I am also 47. A few years ago my periods starting becoming irregular. I went from skipping 1 period a year to about 4 a year now. When I do have a period they are heavier (changing a tampon every hour heavier). The months that I skip, I usually have hot flashes. My doctor told me I have started peri-menopause. It looks like it's going to drag itself out for many years. It sounds like you may be starting peri-menopause also.

Bookmark   August 5, 2003 at 2:40PM
Adnemra

I'll be 47 in less than 2 weeks. Used to have periods every 28-31 days. Now, they're very erractic. Lately, have had slight bleeding practically everyday. Welcome to the club!!

Bookmark   August 21, 2003 at 7:06PM
mjsee

OK, I'm 43--and my periods, while averaging 28 days--are all OVER the place as far as heaviness goes. THIS MONTH I'm on day 8 of light spotting. Not heavy enough for a tampon (even the baby ones) occaisionally too heavy for a light days type pad...but I never know! ARRRGH! Any advice?

melanie

ps--my gyno told me I was "too young to be in perimenopause" when I last saw him--even though I'm having occcaisional night sweats and the irregularity thing. Never mind that my mother was COMPLETELY menopausal at 48...)

Bookmark   September 4, 2003 at 4:26PM
aka_raeanne

melanie - you are not too young. I started in my late 30's and my MALE Dr. told me the same thing. I went several years undiagnosed and I thought I was losing my mind. Find a new Dr., if this one won't help you.

Bookmark   September 12, 2003 at 10:56AM
nycefarm_gw

I am 42 and have had irregular periods for the last three years. In the beginning I attributed it to stress, caring for my dying mother. I went off the pill as I was not living with my husband at the time, Mom needed 24 hour care.
I might have regular, though light, for a couple months and then not at all for several.
I occasionally take a pregnancy test, just to be sure I'm not. After two years back at home with DH and no birth control, it seems my child bearing years are over.
My GP also says I'm too young, but someone needs to tell my body...

Bookmark   September 17, 2003 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
Extremely Dry Skin/Cause????
I've had terribly dry skin for several years now. It...
Dancey
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Aches and Pains- premenopausal
I'm 44 and premenopausal grandma of 3,soon to be 4........
glammato4
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Sponsored Products
Feiss Parkman 13" Wide Brushed Steel Ceiling Light
Lamps Plus
Velo Pendant by SONNEMAN Lighting
$900.00 | Lumens
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Safavieh Rugs Popcorn Shag Silver 2.3 ft. x 7 ft.
Home Depot
Titan Lighting Pendant Lights Schoolhouse Pendants 1-Light Oiled Bronze Ceiling
Home Depot
Colonial Mills Georgetown Indoor/Outdoor Braided Area Rug - Olive Multicolor - G
$22.98 | Hayneedle
Downrods by Period Arts Fan Company
$8.00 | Lumens
Colonial Mills Seascape Chenille Braided Area Rug - SE50R024X036S
$22.99 | Hayneedle
52" Industry Rust Finish with Opal Glass Ceiling Fan
Euro Style Lighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™