An acne treatment that worked for me

jennJuly 8, 2007

For the past several months I've been plagued with patches of acne on my forehead and on one cheek near my nose. I eat well and take good care of myself so I know it wasn't due to too much junk or sugar. I hadn't tried any treatments other than keeping my face clean, and I was getting desperate to try something as it was starting to become more noticeable.

I read that benzoyl peroxide is an effective acne treatment, so I looked for a product that contains it. I bought a tube of Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment at Target, about $4.00 for .75 oz (it goes a long way). I applied it once a day, at bedtime after I washed my face. I noticed a change within one week, and a significant difference after 2 weeks. 3-4 weeks later, the acne is completely GONE. Last night I was actually looking for it with a 5X magnifying mirror, and I couldn't see it!

Benzoyl peroxide can by drying and the directions say to begin apply just once a day initially, and I never applied it more often than that and always at bedtime to clean skin. I saw no evidence of drying after using it (I have oily skin).

Try it, it might work for you too! If not, you won't be out a lot of money.

Jen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

Thanks, Jen. I'm 54 and still have some acne, alongside my wrinkles!

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 6:26PM
jenn

I hope it works for you Jannie. I was surprised, actually, that it was as effective so quickly. I don't believe it is just a coincidence..... I'd had these patches for months and they didn't fade, just sat there and looked awful and gradually worsened. Finally, one day in May, my mom said "What's that on your forehead?" That's when I knew it was time to do something. I don't wear foundation or any other cover-up. I barely used any of the tube... I probably have enough left to carry me all through menopause! :)

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 10:29PM
artistofmysoul

Did you use it all over the effected area, or just on each pimple?

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 10:58AM
More Discussions
help me interpret the FSH numbers?
i just received my FSH results back (and though i realize...
llmoyer123
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™