andy rooney eyebrows

ralf58July 2, 2006

Is anyone else fighting this? I have three or four hairs in each eyebrow that are coarse and grow very fast, so that they stick out. I pluck them out and back they come. I'm terrified of looking like Andy Rooney, so I've developed this nervous habit of smoothing my eyebrows and feeling for coarse hairs.

By the way, this is my first post here. I'm 47 and I've been having slightly irregular periods for about three years. The eyebrow thing started about the same time.

Ruth

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1

yes....@$%@&^! I also have hairs appearing around my chin! ARGH! *more swearing!* Hormones are ALL messed up! :o( I think that you are supposed to keep plucking till you reach the age where it doesn't matter anymore. :D

Bookmark   July 3, 2006 at 11:05AM
renie

Have had this "chin hair thing" for a few years. It keeps getting worse. (runs in the family, one cousin actually had a beard-had laser hair removal)(her g-mother used to pluck and pluck, when she went to a nursing home no one plucked and she looked terrible, but did not know it!)
Went to an electrologist for a month and now the few I get are manageable. I think shaving them was the worst thing I could have done. Now I pluck the strays.

Bookmark   July 30, 2006 at 6:35AM
devorah

yup, I have the weird eyebrow hair. I hate to pluck because other then those, my eyebrows have gotten too thin.

Bookmark   July 31, 2006 at 1:59AM
ozonegirl

I have that too! I was trying to remember the other day if my eyebrows had always been like that and I had just never noticed. In the morning I lick my fingertips and try to "slick" the dang things down! LOL. doesn't seem to help, but glad I am not the only one with this.

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 4:51PM
jannie

My eyebrows are getting thinner. They were heavy when I was a teen, I plucked like mad three times a week, then they were fine for about twenty years, now I'm going bald in the eyebrows!

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 6:18PM
More Discussions
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™