One Year down...

teresavaApril 22, 2002

Well, we made it one year! Our anniversary was yesterday, so I guess we aren't newlyweds anymore?

We spent most of the day packing, because we are closing this friday on our new house! Our first home together!

He surprised me by making reservations at a nice seafood restaurant and we had a lovely dinner. We both agreed the house would be our gifts to one another (probably for the next 30 years also!!LOL)

How do you spend anniversaries?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mausie

Congrats!!!!!!!! You're one month ahead of me -- our one-year anniversary will be next month, and I'm not sure what we'll be doing. Hopefully on our 2 year anniversary WE will be packing up for our first house. Hope you have many more!! =)

Bookmark   April 22, 2002 at 8:17PM
vicki_Indiana

Awwww, Congrats Teresa!! I wish you many, many, more of those.. lol

Bookmark   April 23, 2002 at 12:04AM
SheliaNC

Congrats on your one year anniversary and on your new home. We usually just buy each other a card and maybe have a nice dinner out.

Bookmark   April 23, 2002 at 6:39AM
waddles28

Congratulations on the one year. We don't usually go all out for our anniversaries but we get a big present that we both can enjoy - okay not as big as a house, but a tv, refridgerator or a digital camera has been some of our gifts to each other. It seems like after kids the day just doesn't seem as big of a deal to us.

Bookmark   April 23, 2002 at 1:28PM
LianneNJ

DH doesn't believe in b'days, anniversaries, christmas, etc so, with the exception of a him uttering happy anniversary after he greets me in the morning, it's just like any other day...

Bookmark   April 23, 2002 at 3:02PM
vicki_Indiana

Lianne.. that's horrible... Do you mind that he is that way??? Forget for a minute what "he" believes ... what about what you believe? Gee, I think an anniversary is important.. It's a celebration of another year. So many couples don't make it today and when you do.... you should actually celebrate it.. BUT.. if it's okay with you....???? I would just hate to think that it makes you sad?!?!?

Bookmark   April 24, 2002 at 9:08AM
Carlotta_Bull

Congratulations on your new home!

This year, for our 13th, DH & I had LUNCH together. He's been working on a project at work for the past 18 months (completion date May 15) and that's all he had time for. We usually go out someplace nice for dinner, but not this year.

Bookmark   May 1, 2002 at 10:17PM
More Discussions
Age Difference
I posted this on the Parents Forum but it was suggested...
silversword
Husband treats me like crap! How do i stop it?
My Husband and I have been married for almost 5 years....
tiredoffighting
Getting a little help from your spouse
Well, the holidays are here and as usual, I'm worn...
scarlett2001
Is It a Spouse's Responsibility?
My husband's relationship with some of his siblings...
Karen10125
how my husband requests sex
whenever my husband asks for sex, he first requests...
sam8th
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™