Quitting Estroven...

LeslieAnne_westTXJuly 2, 2012

I went through menopause at age 56 & all was nice & normal for 5 years... then about 2 years ago, I started spotting lightly... the spotting gradually became more & more until I discovered that Estroven (regular-strength) stopped the spotting in its tracks... Hurrah!!!.. so, I've been taking it for a year & a half with no problems 'til a month ago... what happened was -- none of the stores in town were able to get regular-strength, so, being desperate, I bought Extra-strength... I thought it'd be okay & then when the stores began stocking regular-strength again, I went back to that... within a week, I was spotting again, very lightly, but it's very annoying... I guess my body got used to the double dose & now it doesn't like getting the watered-down version again... anyway, I can't see any use in continuing taking something when what I was taking it for in the first place is back... so, my plan is to start using progesterone cream every other day for the next week while continuing the Estroven as usual... then after this week, reduce the Estroven to every other day, then gradually reduce it further 'til I'm completely weaned off... I'll continue the progesterone cream on its 3 weeks on/1 week off regimen...

So, I want to ask y'all what you think of my plan... any advise will be welcome... I'm really tired of dealing with this, but if anybody has a better idea, I'll be open to trying it...

Thanks!..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Paulas2cents

Hello Leslieanne,

I was hoping that someone with more experience would answer this, but I just thought I'd add my two cents. I think it would be prudent for you to visit your gyn and explain your history to him/her. He/she could advise you on the best plan to manage this spotting. There might be other options now available for you. It is also important to rule out fibroids or other possible sources of spotting. We are at an age/stage in life now that it is important we seek out professional help when something seems amiss. As I said, these are just my thoughts, and I hope someone else with more experience will respond. Good luck and God bless you!

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
garule
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™