I'm losing my hair!!!

luvnolaJuly 24, 2007

I'm 45 and slightly pre-menopausal. I am losing my hair in droves!!! I have a great deal of new growth as well, but it can't grow near as fast as I am loosing it! My hair has gotten consideralby thinner VERY rapidly. Has anyone experienced this and if so is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hunter_tx

If I remember correcctly, hair loss is caused by too much androgen hormone in relation to female sex hormones. Do a google search and you'll probably find lots of info. I'll do one and see what I can come up with.
Mrs H

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 3:28PM
luvnola

I'm on my way to Google! Thanks Mrs H!!

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 4:09PM
hunter_tx

This looks like a pretty good source of info.
Mrs H

Here is a link that might be useful: female hair loss

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 2:27PM
luvnola

Thanks!! I also called my OBGYN and she has asked me to come in to do some labs. She feels it could have something to do with my Thyroid.

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 4:01PM
calmandcaring

I'm an RN and I USED to sell hairmax lasercombs (until eBayers undercut me) ... THIS COMB DOES WORK and has just gained FDA approval for treating hairloss. Get it on auction or look up company website.

Bookmark   July 31, 2007 at 12:22PM
luvnola

THANKS!!

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 11:59AM
steffyj

I began loosing my hair in my middle 40's and my hairdresser gave me a piece of advice straight from a dermotologist and it has worked wonderfully. Make sure you are taking enough folic acid (if you take a multivitamin, it has enough) and then add a pill/tablet of the B vitamin, Biotin. It took about 3 months for it to begin working on me but after that 3 months, my hair started thickening up again. I have been taking this for 7 years now and my hair is almost as thick as it was when I was a teen. I was told that this works for most people but not all.
Dermotologists will give you the same combo in an injection but it will cost about $150 a shot.

I'm a newbie here. So hello to all.
Stephanie

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 3:39PM
hunter_tx

Hmm, Steffy, I started taking a really good multi-vitamin plus food carotene and a multi-B awhile back. My hairdresser noticed about six months ago that I had a bunch of new hair growing in and we joked about it probably being a pre-cursor to facial hair. I never thought it could be from vitamins.
BTW, welcome to the forum- glad to have you here.
Mrs H

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 5:22PM
msguerraworks_gmail_com

can you tell me if the hair lose will stop went this manpause stop are what can i do for this hairlose to stop i,m so worry .i want my long hair back and thick because is getting thin.

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 11:15PM
Kmgregory439_Verizon_net

Hi Mrs. H. I just found your post and was wondering how you are doing today, four years later. I've been losing my hair for a year and I'm premenopausal. It is very scary.

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 3:38AM
vala55

I think it is a no win situation, no matter what you take. I have very thin hair and it is hereditary, my Dad and Mom had thin hair. I think it can be an aging thing also. I was temporarily on a pill and I have forgotten what it was, almost had to be blood pressure pills, that also caused hair loss. My sister was advised to take thyroid pills for thinning hair LOL check the side effects for that stuff..hair loss. I have just adjusted to my seeing my pink scalp when I do my hair. I am not going to worry over any thing as simple as hair loss. I was told that the hair follicle is dead and nothing is going to bring it to life.

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 4:25PM
More Discussions
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Ten months w/o a period, then WHAM! It's baaaack! Grrrrr
I thought SURE I was gonna get my menopause badge in...
sooz
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Sponsored Products
Scheherazade Six-Light Pendant in Aged Dark Bronze Finish and Hand Blown Glass i
Bellacor
Green 3528 Single Row LED Strip Light 120/m 10mm wide Foot
EnvironmentalLights.com
Aspen Forest I Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
$79.99 | zulily
Silver Glass Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Lizard-Embossed Leather iPad Mini Case - BROWN
$212.90 | Horchow
Tripod Floor Lamp
Design Within Reach
New Royal Blue Kazak Runner 2' X 6' Hand Knotted Wool Rug Adina Collection H3738
BH Sun Inc
Brushed Nickel Semi Flush 2-Light
PLFixtures
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™