Old Home Interiors items

donnar57January 12, 2008

I'm just crushed. I was finally putting away the Christmas things, and one box slipped out of my hands. The camel from our 1970s Homco Home Interiors Nativity/creche set fell out and shattered. Everything else was all right.

I checked eBay and found our main set (which was fine). No animal set, though.

Does anyone know where else one might check for a replacement to a Home Interiors item? We also need a new wall sconce where one was broken a couple of years ago.

Thanks,

DonnaR/CA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mclarke

Is this the all-white set?

Here's one that includes the camel:

Here is a link that might be useful: nativity set

Bookmark   January 12, 2008 at 5:32PM
donnar57

Thanks, but that's not the one. I should have been clearer. This one is colored - I believe the main set is #5569. I checked eBay and none of the ones with camels were the correct set. I believe mine is from 1978 or 1979.

I'm going to keep this as a favorite search in eBay, but I thought perhaps someone knew of a dealer that deals in discontinued Home Interior products.

I've linked an eBay seller that is selling the main set but not the animals set, as this is the set we have.

DonnaR/CA

Here is a link that might be useful: main Nativity set

Bookmark   January 12, 2008 at 7:11PM
lucy

Why don't you contact the original manufacturing company?

Bookmark   January 12, 2008 at 7:23PM
Patricia43

I have the same one you have. Unfortunately, my Baby Jesus was broken when DH dropped the box coming down the ladder from attic. It's hard for me to complain because he was really trying.

Bookmark   January 12, 2008 at 9:23PM
laexpat

A Google search turned up this 11-piece set on an auction site I'm not familiar with - ePier. A little pricy if you just need one piece but maybe since 2 of you need pieces...? No connection to the site or the seller.

Here is a link that might be useful: Homco Nativity

Bookmark   January 12, 2008 at 11:25PM
donnar57

Laexpat, that's similar but not the same one. I believe the one you linked is from a few years before ours. It's beautiful, though as you say, a little pricey!!!

DonnaR/CA

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 8:34PM
dorothy07j

I am looking for an old Home Interiors Christmas stocking and holder. It is a snowman and I think the name for it is patches. The snowman for the holder is lying on his stomach with face forward. I need two of each of these to complete a set for my grandchildren. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 3:43PM
djbrewster_charter_net

The stocking holders that I needed are not the snowman "Patches." I found them on ebay and the name is "Holiday Dots." I still need another stocking to complete my set so if anyone can help I would appreciate it. That's the Home Interiors Christmas "Holiday Dots" Stocking.
Thanks!!!!

Bookmark   December 17, 2010 at 10:27PM
bertandjerry_juno_com

I am looking for the glass that holds a candle that goes into a green rod iron basket type desk sconce. Several years old

Bookmark   January 23, 2011 at 7:26PM
More Discussions
Appliances in. Please help me pick lights.
(It’s me. I've wanted to change my name for a while...
misformink
tibbrix
Unique Craftsman trim & wainscotting Examples, Info, Opinions
I am looking for examples of unique craftsman and/or...
Corbin Dodge
Backsplash ideas for white, modern kitchen?
I posted what became a quite exciting thread last fall...
sochi
When do bronze window frames work well in the interior of a home?
I'm replacing single plane aluminum windows. My interior...
texasgal47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™