Big belly and look like Im 9 months pregnant

Fran_1July 15, 2013

I am 57 years old and My belly looks like Im carring twins. I went into Menapause at 37 right after my daughter was born. I finished menapause at 44. The belly started right after my first colonoscopy. 2 years ago I had enough of the "its just fat from having babies and post menapause". I have had test such as sonograms, in and out to check to see if it was a "female" issue. I had scans on my spleen,liver,stomack, galbladder and on all the major blood vesels in the abdomanal area. No one seems to really know what it is.

Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pickyshopper

Since you have had sonograms to check if it was a 'female' issue, I assume you had a uterine ultrasound to rule out any problems there. It's unlikely, with no other symptoms, but I know that ovarian cancer can have a swollen belly as one symptom, so I'm sure that would be something your doctor would have considered. If all the tests have come back normal, maybe it's just the way your body weight distributed over the years after menopause. Do you recall if your mother or aunts carried an unusual amount of weight in their abdomen?

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™