Disgusted - any advice appreciated

tombarbmrtJuly 8, 2007

I'm 58 and have been to quite a few doctors and gynos about vaginal dryness/painful intercourse. Tried the vaginal estrogen - made me itchy; started Endau progesterone cream/better for lubrication, but still hurts.

There seems to be no answer except extra lubrication which doesn't help. Tried everything. It seems that my husband can enter me about 2" - after that it seems extremely painful.

One doctor told me, "you may try a urologist or get an ultrasound, but didn't seem positive about either option helping me.

I live in Dade City, FL which is an hour from Tampa and Orlando. Any suggestions to good doctors for this problem?

Thanks

Barbara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bullsigh

I don't know of any doctors I could recommend--but I'm wondering if there isn't another brand of estriol cream you could try--perhaps you are allergic to the cream the doctor gave you...or perhaps it comes in a pill--don't know if it does--or if it would work but a doctor or pharmacist should be able to tell you.

Bullsigh

Bookmark   July 13, 2007 at 10:24PM
scarlett2001

Have you tried Astro Glide? It's sold over the counter and it's great.

Bookmark   July 14, 2007 at 11:38PM
booboo60

tombarbmrt,
I know you posted awhile ago but just in case you check back....I have had the same problem and know what you are going through! Sex is sooooo
painful I think I would rather go through labor and delivery first!!!!! My dh has been so supportive and patient but I think I have found an answer. I got a prescription from my Dr. for Estring. It is a ring you insert for 3 months and it delivers estrogen inside the vagina just for the dryness. I told the Dr. I would give it a try and she said if that didn't work for me I could try Vagifem, a tablet that you insert with a plunger that also is for the dryness. I finally feel like I have "targeted" something that will deal with just the problem of the dryness. I don't want to take oral HRT and I don't want to deal with messy creams. I have tried so many lubricants and none of them really help. I will post after a month or so to give opinion if it is working for me or not. Anyway, please know you are not alone and ask your Dr. about these products!!

Bookmark   August 21, 2007 at 10:15PM
carla17

SEX, I quit having any urge and don't care anymore. I think menopause has nipped my sexual urge altogether.

Carla

Bookmark   September 21, 2007 at 8:17PM
More Discussions
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™