bi-est and progesterone therepy

april35July 4, 2007

I am 35 years old and have premature ovarian failure. I have not had a menstral cylce in over 2 years. I am on my fourth month of Bi-est and Progesterone/testosterone cream therepy. My dr. said that I would have a period once I started on the therepy -- nothing yet. Is this normal? Should I be expecting a period? I was holding onto the slim possibility that I could still get pregnant.

My pharmacist said the reason insurance companies do not pay for most compounded things is that they use code numbers on pharmacy drugs that are massed produced. If they are made in the pharmacy they dont have a code number.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vmagee

I went into menopause due to surgery and tried several Hormone Replacements including estrogen patches that didn't work. I just started on the bi-est and progesterone therapy and it's working great. I never thought the hot flashes and night sweats would go away but they did and now I don't cry over every little thing. The doctor said I wasn't getting any progesterone and that was causing my bouts of crying and depression.

It's not that expensive (my insurance co won't pay for it) but it's worth every penny.

I'm not sure about the period part as I haven't had one in about 4 years due to my surgery.

Bookmark   July 18, 2007 at 12:09PM
More Discussions
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
grule
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™