Evista?

ohiojudyJuly 25, 2002

Ok , with the new scare on hrt the Dr. told me to ease off premarin and gave me a perscription for Evista for hot flashes, in looking it up I read 1 in 4 patients GET hot flashes... great. Has anyone used it, now I wonder if Dr. knows what he's doing.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lulie___wayne

Hey Judy, I just saw this post. Yes, I have used Evista and I experienced a few hot flashes here and there, but nothing unbearable, but they are not bad for me without it.
I quit taking the stuff because the insurance didn't pay for it and it was $70 a month for these tinsy tiny pills. I think I will go back to it, though. I am now on Estratest and Provera. All of this talk scares me and it is so hard to know what to do. Somehow, my gut tells me to do the most natural thing and that is to just take as little as possible. With the Evista, as you said, the hot flashes may continue plus it doesn't help with osteoporosis. But calcium supplements can take care of that.
Let me know what you decide to do. Good Luck.
Lu

Bookmark   August 4, 2002 at 6:58AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucky_lady

Evista is not for treatment of hot flashes or menopausal symptoms--it is not an estrogen replacement therapy. It is a drug used to prevent osteoporosis in post-menopausal women. Do not take Evista together with an estrogen--they counteract each other in a chemical sort of way. Go back and talk to the gynecoloigst--don't medicate yourselves.

Bookmark   November 11, 2002 at 8:59AM
More Discussions
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™