Weird menopause symtoms??

imlindyJune 27, 2012

I hope someone on here can relate! I am 51 and in the middle of menopause, yuck!! 4 months ago I had an absessed tooth and they gave me amoxicyllan for 10 days and then I had a root canal. Ever since then I have had my full blown menopause weird head, hot flashes, irregular fast heartrate and just plain feeling horrible. I heard many of you say that magnesium had helped so I tried to increase magnesium rich foods in my diet and when I do, I get alot of draining in my nasal passages which causes extreme burning in my tummy and increases hot flashes and such. I went to the emergency room a few days ago and they said all my blood tests are great and I also had a CT of my head and that was normal as well. They did say that I had sisusitis and had me take a 3 day nasal spray, drainage still happening but not so foul tasting. I am on day 12 of estradial and took 2 days of progesterine, did not take one this morning, as blood pressure feels like its through the roof!! I am also taking celexa (anti-depressant) and xanax for anxiety. I would like to know what kind of supplements or such that can help balance me out. Anyone can relate or have any advice, I am desperate!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JJJ333

I have never had nasal issues with my symptoms, but I will tell you I had a lot of anxiety about 2 years ago. The book that helped me was called Female Brain Gone Insane, and the lady doc who wrote it really did a great job of listing suppliments that can help you. Google the title and you will find her website. I take 5 htp, gabba, L-theanine, every night and these things do help me sleep and my anxiety got so much better. Here is hoping you will get this post. I just joined this forum to find more info. Oh I think I can pop a link in here and I will try to put in the site I mentioned. This book helped me so much. http://mialundin.com/

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Aches and Pains- premenopausal
I'm 44 and premenopausal grandma of 3,soon to be 4........
glammato4
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Sponsored Products
Inval Computer Work Station 'L' Shaped
Overstock.com
Robert Abbey | Parker Flush Mount
YLiving.com
Nightfly Black 4 Drawer Dresser - RST234
Hayneedle
Winston Belvedere Woven Armless Stackable Chaise patio lounge Patio Furniture
Hayneedle
Koko Company Rice Magic Hand Decorative Pillow - 91616
$75.00 | Hayneedle