Menopause??

red4ulJune 12, 2012

I turned 44 three months ago. For the last 6 months or so I have gone through some changes. First, my face started breaking out like it did when I was a teenager. I have been gaining weight in my hips and stomach. My periods had been regular (within a week before or after due date) up until the first of this year. Then they started to change. One month I only went two weeks before I had another period. Another month, I would bleed 2-3 days then spot for 2-3 more days. Last month I started during the day and that night I bleed through (I have not done this before)then I spotted for the next 2-3 days. Then this month I am 2.5 weeks late.I feel bloated and not having regular bowels (since I was due for this month). I really do not think I am pregnant. We use condoms but a few months back he went inside me without one. He pulled out very quickly, so he was not in there but a second, so I don't think this would be of any concern. But in the back of my mind I think there could be a possibility. The only symptoms of being pregnant would be the missed period and my hair has more body than it has in the past. I normally have straight stringy looking hair. The only times my breast have been tender was right before I got ready to start (this is normal). Normally when I am in the middle of my cycle I have a heavy discharge. The last few months it has been lighter than normal. But now that I am 2 weeks past due (this would normally be the middle of my cycle) I am having the discharge as normal. I bought a home pregnancy test but afraid to take it. With my second child I took one and it showed up negative and I should have been 6 weeks at that time. It worked fine with my 1st. There is always a thought that something else could be wrong. I had a pap this past December that was negative.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TinaL

It sound as if you are in Peri-menopause. The symptoms can actually start happening 15 years prior to the actual on-set of menopause. My periods are now very very light and also come irregularly, one of the signs of Peri-menopause. If your pap came back normal I would not be too worried since it doesn't seem as if you are having any pain associated with the irregular periods other than maybe cramps if you get them.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 4:25PM
More Discussions
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Is this temporary or is my life effectively over?
I am 51 years old and I haven�t had a period...
Bubbbles
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
help me interpret the FSH numbers?
i just received my FSH results back (and though i realize...
llmoyer123
post menopausal
Is there a board for post menopausal women or for women...
emee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™