I could just SCREAM!

Heathen1June 29, 2006

Okay... I have some hormone related itching... I THINK it's from menopause... I itch like I've walked through poison oak... I've taken benadryl and it doesn't help so I think it must be menopausal... anyway, I've been swimming a lot, and that must interfere with my MenoCream or something... I have been having to up the dose... and while I am waiting I just itch and itch and itch!

Plus, I am SWELLING! is that hormonal? My feet at the end of the day are like potatoes... and I swim and walk... I DO get exercise...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ARUM

Can't imagine. Are women cursed or what? Maybe you should check with the doc. Are you eating a lot of salt? Maybe an alergy?

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 3:38PM
mscratch

If there is no rash appearing, you most likely have the cursed menopause itch..mine feels more like something is crawling on me and I continously am swatting at nothing! swelling is indeed a symptom.. your retaining alot of fluid evidently.. time to go have a chat with your physician who perhaps can supply some relief.

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 3:49PM
Heathen1

arum, the strange thing is that since menopausing, I have rather been intolerant of salt... things that I liked to eat before seem excessively salty...so I know that I've cut down... BUT, I live in a Japanese household, can you say shoyu (soy) sauce? :o) or can you say somen? :o) I could probably cut down further...
I see the ole doc on the 17th... but he's not much on menopause, unfortunately, and I JUST saw the Gyno doc and I didn't think to mention it to her %$#@!*&^! and I try to bring notes! I was too busy having the ole feet in the stirrups, I guess. Well, it's always reassuring to KNOW that it's menopausal... even though I've tried benadryl both internally and externally, so I was pretty sure it wasn't allergies, though I am kinda the HIVE queen! :o) That kinda works huh, hives and being the queen? :o)

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 8:49PM
ARUM

Maybe you could just give the Doc a call? Sorry you're having so many agravating symptoms. Hope you find some relief soon. How about a cool bath with baking soda? :)

Bookmark   June 30, 2006 at 9:51PM
mtnwomanbc

I've had similar itching symptoms that I've characterized as "transient hives" -- itching will start in one place, even a small rash, and be gone an hour later, migrating to another spot, and so on. It started a while ago while I knew I was beginning perimenopause...I think I'm in fulll meno now (no period for 15 months now, or even a hint of one).

Benadryl and the other itching lotions don't make a dent. BUT I've discovered that Alavert (Loratidine, aka Claritin) helps immensely.

The itchies haven't been bad lately.

Bookmark   July 22, 2006 at 3:00AM
Heathen1

That's EXACTLY how I've been having it... the migrating itchies! :o) Hmmm Claritin helps? I found if I upped my dose of progesterone cream, that helps too. I will try the Claritin, which is easy to get....

Bookmark   July 22, 2006 at 8:38AM
duch

the 'creepy-crawlie' skin sensation was the first sign I had of perimenopause. Never found a fix for it, but for fluid retention, some home remedies work fairly well for me:

eat cucumbers, asparagus

drink a tea made with dried orange peel. The deeper the pigmentation, the better. I forget the name of the orange, but one is almost red. That one's quite good

tea made with juniper berries.

Bookmark   July 22, 2006 at 1:55PM
Heathen1

I eat a lot of cucumbers...:o) good summer food!

Bookmark   July 23, 2006 at 10:09AM
More Discussions
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
Sponsored Products
56" Casa Esperanza Teak shaded Blades Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
'I Love You So' Throw Pillow
$29.99 | zulily
Bentley Hazel Bronze Finish Four Light Chandelier with Frosted Glass
$269.99 | Bellacor
Tlaloc Indoor/ Outdoor Floor Fountain
Overstock.com
Vig Furniture - Armani Xavira Gothic Bed - VGUNAW213-200
Great Furniture Deal