Can someone Knock Me OUT???

ARUMJune 21, 2006

My doctor precribed sleeping medicine, but I'm a nature creature. Do you know something natural that will KNOCK me out? I have'ft to have some SLEEP!!!! Thanks, red eyed arum. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1

Okay... Now I use lemon balm (melissa officinalis) knocks me out... I can have a whole tea ball full of the stuff and sleep 10 hours. Plus it's a minor anti-depressant. PLUS, you can adapt it, for instance, I am a light weight, for a good night's sleep I only need a teaspoon full in a tea ball for tea, but if you need more, you can up the dose, whereas with a pill you can't. Easy to find and cheap, you can even grow your own, but it will take over.

Bookmark   June 21, 2006 at 8:10PM
ARUM

Gal, you help so many people on her, they should start paying you! :) Well, I was growing it, and dug it up and threw it away! Dang! Guess I better start lookin for some. A mild antidepresent to? Too cool! :)

Bookmark   June 21, 2006 at 8:42PM
Heathen1

thank you dear! I dunno... I just never say when I learn from others in here. :o) What's this forum for, but to share?

Bookmark   June 21, 2006 at 11:34PM
sharpclaws

Try Melatonin. You will find it in the vitamin section.
It's all natural. I heard of this in my vitamin and mineral book. It works great. I started using it because I have a 3 year old and I havnt slept through the night in such a long time. This works great. I take it every other night and I sleep so good. And you do not feel tired in the morning either when you awaken'

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 3:01PM
ARUM

Sharpclaws, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try that. :)

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 3:39PM
disturbed

I tried everything for making me sleep. Melatonin didn't do a thing, in fact I stayed awake even more. I tried sleeping pills from the doctor, they didn't even work. Lately I have been taking Siberian Gingseng and drinking Sleepy Time tea before I got to bed. This seems to work. I take 2 Siberian Gingsneg, two in the morning, and two at night. It says right on it that it can be helpful for insomnia.

Bookmark   July 9, 2006 at 7:38PM
More Discussions
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Menopause without HRT
Is there anyone out there who does not take HRT? I...
susan
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Ten months w/o a period, then WHAM! It's baaaack! Grrrrr
I thought SURE I was gonna get my menopause badge in...
sooz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™