Is this Normal?

patticakes-2008June 28, 2008

Just found this forum and it sounds like a great place to post.

Here's the story..

I have gone 11 months without a period and then spotting, another 5 months go by spotting again.. Then after 6 months more spotting but this time it's lasting for over 2 weeks. I had breast tenderness, etc just before.. Is this something I should be worried about.. Or does this sound normal? I'm experiencing menopausal emotions, so be gentle with your answers. LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthygal52

Hi Patticakes,
Yes it's very normal, and depending on your age, it lasts for about 5 to 7 years, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, unfortunately, it only gets worse.I'm also going through menopause, I'm 52 and I feel like I'm possesed, horrible mood swings, irritability, just want to be left alone, but read on, it seems like alot of Women are experiencing this, so, this is a very good website. I would also say to get on herbs, like black cohoash, evening primrose oil, and some good vitamins, omega threes, vitamin C, maybe even Sam-E, don't worry it will eventually be over and then you'll feel like your old self, if your in a relationship,or married, you need to have him read about what your going through, because if he doesn't, there's no way he'll understand at all, Good Luck and God Bless you, earthygal52.

Bookmark   June 28, 2008 at 11:56AM
More Discussions
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™