problems with magnesium and nasal drainage

imlindyJune 27, 2012

I hope someone on here can relate! I am 51 and in the middle of menopause, yuck!! 4 months ago I had an absessed tooth and they gave me amoxicyllan for 10 days and then I had a root canal. Ever since then I have had my full blown menopause weird head, hot flashes, irregular fast heartrate and just plain feeling horrible. I heard many of you say that magnesium had helped so I tried to increase magnesium rich foods in my diet and when I do, I get alot of draining in my nasal passages which causes extreme burning in my tummy and increases hot flashes and such. I went to the emergency room a few days ago and they said all my blood tests are great and I also had a CT of my head and that was normal as well. They did say that I had sisusitis and had me take a 3 day nasal spray, drainage still happening but not so foul tasting. I am on day 12 of estradial and took 2 days of progesterine, did not take one this morning, as blood pressure feels like its through the roof!! I am also taking celexa (anti-depressant) and xanax for anxiety. I would like to know what kind of supplements or such that can help balance me out. Anyone can relate or have any advice, I am desperate!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mcpeg

Hi, are you any better now? Have things improved for you over time?

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 7:50AM
More Discussions
Natural supplements for menopause?
Hello I was wondering if there are any naturals to...
Leslie810
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
Menopause without HRT
Is there anyone out there who does not take HRT? I...
susan
Sponsored Products
Zara Chest
Grandin Road
18 Ga Sink 2 Strainers 2 Grids Cutting Board
PLFixtures
Swag Paper Ikat Self-Adhesive Wallpaper - IKATNAV4
$56.25 | Hayneedle
Juno Pro-Series 30 in. Black Under Cabinet Xenon UPX430-BL
Home Depot
Craft Storage: Triton Products Garage Storage LocBin Small Wall Storage Bin
$43.90 | Home Depot