Symptoms Found for Early Check on Ovary Cancer

marie26June 15, 2007

This has been on the news so I thought I'd share in case you missed it.

The symptoms to watch out for are bloating, pelvic or abdominal pain, difficulty eating or feeling full quickly and feeling a frequent or urgent need to urinate. A woman who has any of those problems nearly every day for more than two or three weeks is advised to see a gynecologist, especially if the symptoms are new and quite different from her usual state of health.

Doctors say they hope that the recommendations will make patients and doctors aware of early symptoms, lead to earlier diagnosis and, perhaps, save lives, or at least prolong survival.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanlynn2012

Thanks Marie for sharing. My mother died of Ovarian Cancer at the age of 44 and I was 16 so I remember she did have symptoms (bloated, frequency of urination, smelly and a lot of gas when going to the bathroom, bad periods all her life but when she died she had not had a period for about 10 years due to the hysterectomy, etc.) but no one knew they were Ovarian Cancer Symptoms until she was in the last stages of Ovarian cancer (all of her body was bloated and filled with cancerous fluid ... went to the hospital for exploratory surgery to see why was looking pregnant and so swollen with fluid). They should have known to check for Ovarian Cancer since in her 30's she had a hysterectomy due to an ovarian noncancerous tumor but the doctors left one ovary that later did become cancerous. I am age 45 and I am always sick with my period but so far the tests do not show I have cancer.

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 10:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shotzy52

Thanks Lynn for sharing your story. I am sorry that your moms cancer went undiagnosised. I think there should be more info given to middle aged women. Maybe at their yearly visit to their obgyn. I will do my part to spread the word.

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 10:51PM
More Discussions
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™