feeling alone

GammiMay 11, 2013

I think I've entered menopause. I had surgery in Jan and a subsequent staph infection in Feb. My dr says my no periods could be due to stress to my body. But I think since its been this long that its menopause. I will be 50 in July.

My problem is that I don't personally know anybody else that has gone or is going through it. They are all either younger or had a hysterectomy. So I have no one to bounce things off of :(

For instance, my boobs have been extremely sore for three or four weeks now, I'm so moody I can't stand myself just to list a couple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TinaL

I do know how you feel. I don't really have anyone either around me that understands this. My husband surely doesn't and my daughter listens but no one can really get it unless you have gone through it yourself.

Try to keep yourself occupied. Not sure if you work but other than that you need to do something you enjoy as well. I go to the gym for some relief, takes walks, do gardening, anything that makes you happy. I know some days, NOTHING works but although you may feel alone you really aren't. There are so many women going through this on a daily basis and we are in that group right now.

Do you still get periods or are they just irregular? Just know that there is an end to this eventually and it does get better. I went to the library and took out a few books on peri/menopause and it helped tremendously. It made me realize that I am not crazy and helped me to figure out what was going on with my body.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 4:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roxane123

Yes I absolutely agree with TinaL that is what I'm trying to do! I went through menopause at 48/49 then due to bad anxiety and insomnia my doc persuaded me to try Activella, long story short it helped with those 2 things but gave me other problems like weight gain (lots) high blood pressure and 2 retinal haemorrages, so I quit cold turkey 4 months ago and now going through the same rough time I went through 2 years ago! Can't wait for it to be over! Try and keep busy, it helps a lot. Go well.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 2:26AM
More Discussions
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Sponsored Products
Meditteranean Style Blue White Stained Glass Tiffany Flush Mount
ParrotUncle
David Bromstad "Concentric Ovals" I Artwork - 24" x 36"
Grandin Road
Telford Brushed Nickel Bowl Pendant
$122.00 | Bellacor
Target Darts Sport 90 Steel Tip Dart - Alpine - 25 grams - 127941
$62.99 | Hayneedle
Garner Bar Stool in Brown
$149.00 | LexMod