Flaxseed

mamabreMay 4, 2008

I'm new here and find this forum very helpful. I've heard that flaxseed in any form will help with the flashes and sweats, has anyone tried it? Thanks for great info.

Lori

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
japiele

I've used ground flaxseed for several years and found it to be helpful for sleep disturbances connected with menopause, and I think it helped hot flashes too. Also the omega 3 in it is very healthy.
Generally i use about 3-4 tablespoons mixed in milk. You get used to the flavor.
Because of bone loss, I went on coumpounded transdermal bioidentical hrt 2 years ago, and found I wasn't having the symptoms, so didn't use the flaxseed. Lately, have been having some night sweats and sleep problems again, as they have been adjusting the hrt, and so have added back in the flaxseed, and found it helps me sleep and not wake up in a sweat at 4 am.

Bookmark   May 21, 2008 at 8:58PM
rubyaches

I take flaxseed softgels and I think it may have helped with hot flashes. I haven't had flashes in quite a while. I've also noticed that I don't have the tingle in my right hand fingers like I was having. Don't know if it's related, but I'm happy about that! :-)

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 4:01PM
old1880home

I grind golden flaxseed in a coffee grinder that I bought specifically for that purpose. I heard the black colored seeds were not as good for you. I also heard that the ground seeds are better for you than the oil but I can't recall where I heard it from.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 4:18PM
More Discussions
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™