Menopause test

want2bnormalMay 31, 2007

I want to know where you get the test to find out your hormone levels. Moved from the big city to a beautiful little hamlet where the air is fresh and the doctors are different. My gyno said the tests are not reliable, and that I still have estrogen because I still have regular periods at age 54. Okay, I'm old and still going, but today I snapped at my wonderful husband, and I cried through supper. It is day 12 of my 30-day cycle. What I can assume is that I have hit bottom on the estrogen tank today. I hear people talking about their estrogen/testosterone/progesterone levels. Where do they get these levels checked?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shotzy52

Well, what little I know is that you cant reliably test for hormones, cuz they flucuate from minute to minute. Now the naturalist people say you can do it thru the salvia. The test I have seen, test the saliva 3 times a day. I swear sometimes i think it is like finding the little green men. The people that want to believe, believe. I am for finding the answers. I think the way to do it would be to have 2 different labs run those test. Labs that werent paid for my the people that want to sell herbal remedies. I dont know who they are?

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 9:36PM
georgia_mountain_lad

Well, my internist did a blood test for the hormone levels. Wonder how accurate that was!

Bookmark   June 9, 2007 at 12:13PM
junebug1961

My friend had a blood test and it was very helpful, as it showed to her doctor that she was in full blown menopause. She is now on HRT and doing very well.

Bookmark   June 9, 2007 at 10:36PM
want2bnormal

My doctor did the blood test for hormone levels and everything is normal, but because of mood swings and joint pain, plus some hot flashes, I tried some Estroven for a week. Haven't had any crying, but boy are my breasts sore! Wonder if it can be harmful to take Estroven if your hormone levels are "normal." Anybody know?

Bookmark   June 14, 2007 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™