More Bleeding?

GlassgoddessMay 9, 2002

I used to have a period every 28 days like clockwork. Very painful but always on time. For about the last 9 months or so, I have been bleeding in between periods, some times for days, sometimes for a week or more. My last cycles have only been 21-24 days. I am 42 and my doc says I am to young for Menopause but did refer me to a Gyno. Are these symptoms of menopause? Just curious what you guys thought.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hollyday

Im doing the same thing. (age 44) Ive been told that is a pre menopausal thing. Your body starting to ditch the eggs it doesn't think you will need anymore. Several of my friends are going thru it also, and the Gyn's always say the same thing "your to young". Obviously not! They will put you on the pill and try to regulate it. Stinks doesn't it? Can't wait for it to really hit!
H

Bookmark   May 31, 2002 at 8:20AM
RosieL

Just as women start to menstruate at different ages, so too, they begin menopause at different ages. Also, menopause is not something that jumps at you one day. It is a very gradual process of declining hormone production the reverse of what happened at puberty. We did not one day wake up with hairy legs and armpits, breasts and a period .... it was a gradual progression that started years before the first menses. The symptoms vary from woman to woman and their ability to cope varies as well. Some women are also more in tune to their bodies than others and some are more sensitive to hormonal fluctuations. I've been keeping a log of my symptoms for a couple of years and its interesting to see how it has become progressively more erratic.

Bookmark   January 12, 2003 at 12:50PM
bulldinkie

well about 4 years ago I started that. The dr ran all kinds of tests,couldnt find anything.we discussed hysterectomy she said If I want shell do it. well we did she said its good we did I had 5 things wrong would have been serious if left go. so I wonder how good these tests are they do.Im 47 now

Bookmark   January 17, 2003 at 8:49AM
More Discussions
Ten months w/o a period, then WHAM! It's baaaack! Grrrrr
I thought SURE I was gonna get my menopause badge in...
sooz
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
Sponsored Products
Riviera Linear Suspension by Schonbek Lighting
$16,929.00 | Lumens
Algreen ErgoGarden Deck Box - 32003
$167.99 | Hayneedle
Element Vision LED Task Light by Humanscale
$379.00 | Lumens
Sea Gull Lighting Wall Mounted Kent 1-Light Outdoor Oxford Bronze Wall Fixture
$70.02 | Home Depot
Liberty Furniture Rustic Traditions Dresser & Mirror in Rustic Cherry Finish
Beyond Stores
Wilderness Badge Fun Flask
| Dot & Bo
Blue Flower Pot Cottage Birdhouse
$44.99 | zulily
Spiral Collection Hiball Glasses (Set of 4)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™