On the Road to Feeling Better

valeriecraftyMay 11, 2008

I just thought I would let everyone know that I was feeling better...after a month of doctors and feeling so bad that I couldnt barely function...I finally found a doctor who listened to what I said......and didnt want to put me on xanax or anti depressants.....first of all I found out that this was not a good time to lose 35 pds( during early menopause) since estrogen is stored in our fat cells...and mine was already low then add the fact that I lost 35 pds..she then sent me to a GI doctor who found ulcers...so now that Im being treated for them I feel better....I also read a great Book "When your hormones go haywire"...I learned alot from it...I have been following the diet which is eating a hypogycemia diet....every 2-3 hrs...protein and complex carb....I just think that Doctors should start paying more attention to women..We arent crazy!! Valerie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
njw753

I agree Valerie. We are NOT crazy. We are women with very real physical things going on as our bodies change.

Nancy

Bookmark   May 12, 2008 at 10:40AM
earthygal52

I agree with both of you ladies, I feel like I want to end it all, I'm having the same symptoms, and now I'm going in a week to see a female doc. and get a physical, I just don't care about anything anymore, I know I should exercise, but working 4-10's and getting up at 4:30 AM I'm totally exhausted, I also take vitamins, plus Mega EFA'S , Lysine and additional C, any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks, Susan

Bookmark   May 14, 2008 at 3:09PM
hotpot

I am new to this forum. Didn't know where to start until I saw Susan's post. I am 54 and started menopause when I was 48. Up until that point, I was working a 40 hour week, going to school 1-2 times a week, dancing 1-2 times a week, and taking care of my son. Then, menopause hit. I felt awful. My symtoms -- hot flashes, anixety, and totally exhausted. I exercised, not over weight (129 lbs), ate a vegetarian diet with protein and still felt bad. When that didn't work, I had a complete phyical, everything was fine. A friend recommended acuputure. I did that with natural herbs that the acupuncturist gave me. Did that for a year -- it never helped. I dragged from day to day. Then my GYN said to try Activella. I do not like taking it, but it is the only thing that works. However, I still do not feel like the same person. My 78 year old mother has more energy then I do.

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 9:34AM
njw753

Hi Hotpot,
I'm 54 and have been in surgical menopause for 21 years. I absolutely refuse to suffer. So I use bioidentical hormones. They come in different delivery methods: patches, creams, gels, troches and subcutaneous pellets. I have estrogen and testosteron subcutaneous pellets implanted under the skin of my hip.

These have drastically changed my life for the better.

I recommend seeing a doctor that specialized in bioidentical hormones. Life is too short to not enjoy it to the fullest.

Bookmark   May 24, 2008 at 9:51AM
More Discussions
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
Breast Tenderness
Hi Everyone, ANyone out there having continual breast...
tomato44
Menopause without HRT
Is there anyone out there who does not take HRT? I...
susan
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Sponsored Products
Hinkley Lighting | Luna Small Rectangular Outdoor Wall Light
$285.00 | YLighting
Denby Cherry Oven to Table Mini Casserole Dish - Set of 2 - DENB267
$29.98 | Hayneedle
Night Glow Round Pattern Plates - Set of 4
| Dot & Bo
Mohawk Licorice 20 in. x 34 in. Memory Foam Bath Mat 046607
$26.25 | Home Depot
Illumine Outdoor Lanterns. 1-Light Outdoor Rustic Sienna Lantern with Umber Line
Home Depot
Hinkley Lighting | Luna Mini Pocket Outdoor Uplight
$179.00 | YLighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™