Sudden joint pain in finger

jennMay 31, 2006

I'm chalking this up to the meno rollercoaster ride, but I thought I'd post it anyway to see if anyone can relate.

About two weeks ago, the middle finger on my right hand suddenly became very painful in the joint at the base of the finger. I have never noticed any pain in this finger (or any other fingers for that matter) before now. It now hurts when I prune the plants, clean the car windows with a squeegee, anything that puts any pressure on that finger. Occasionally it throbs so intensely, like a very intense flu-like pain that passes after about a minute. I don't see any swelling, it's not tender to the touch, and I know I didn't injure it.

Does this sound familiar? Is this the beginning of something, or just one of those passing aches and pains that comes and goes and makes you wonder what's going on?

Jen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1

Sounds like arthritis to me.... take an aleve or aspirin... keep moving it...

Bookmark   May 31, 2006 at 1:06AM
joyce_6333

Jenn -- exactly the same thing happened to me. I cut my left index finger when peeling potatoes, and shortly thereafter the pain started. This has been going on for a couple months, and now I can definitely see a protrusion on the middle joint of the finger. I'm assuming it is arthritis. I'm starting to have real sympathy for people who have widespread arthritis.

Bookmark   May 31, 2006 at 9:12AM
mscratch

I agree, sounds like old arthur is setting in..it loves the joints! My finger joints are getting those lovely knots on them. I take Advil and it seems to quiet it down to a bearable level.

Bookmark   June 7, 2006 at 11:41AM
jenn

Thank you for your replies. It hasn'bothered me as much the past few days, maybe because I've been too busy to notice. I've always popped this joint, somethings habitually and sometimes because it gets very stiff. I wonder if this is the result of doing that for too many years. :-(

Bookmark   June 10, 2006 at 11:44PM
annaojalrac2_gmail_com

Hello Jen,

That seems to be an arthritis. Try treating it with natural methods first and if the symptoms still persist, then that's the time you consult your doctor's advice for some meds to take in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Natural Health Answers To Joint Problems

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 12:57PM
More Discussions
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™