48 and still having periods?

msscarletApril 30, 2007

Hi all, just found this forum. My question is how many people here are 48+ and still having their period? I may be a odd duck but I have been looking forward to the change for years now. I just want to get this overwith lol...I can not WAIT until I skip a period or anything that will give me a sign that it is the beginning of the end (periods and menopause). I have always been an anxious person so I can not even tell if I have begun menopause. I have had night sweats but other then that I can't say that I really have signs of it...whats the deal? My sister told me she was already missing periods by my age. I fear I will be the only 80 yo woman out there STILL having their period!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie26

I'm 56 and still having them. I've also felt that I'm going for the record in being the oldest to still have a period.

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 10:27PM
shotzy52

Wow, msscarlet, dont hurry life along, believe me it will be here soon enough. :-)

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 11:17PM
msscarlet

Wow Marie...I am so sorry...dang, I sure hope that is not how it goes for me. You really have my sympathy.

Shotzy, I am not really in a hurry to get old just lose the periods is all. I have looked forward to these being gone for more years then I can count! I will not be sad in the LEAST to start menopause and end these PIA periods and let me get on with the rest of my life period free...for me it will be a major relief...

Bookmark   May 1, 2007 at 12:09AM
mamabear_on

msscarlet....I'm 48 and am still running like clockwork. I have been have some vag dryness and lack of libido put part of that can be attributed to my thyroid function and BP/Beta blocker pills.

Don't rush it, lack of hormones cause other problems

Bookmark   May 1, 2007 at 11:48AM
Cassandra

I'm 50, periods are still regular, and I've had them since I was 10! 40 years! I should calculate how much I've spent over the years in pads, tampons, ruined underwear. I, too, will rejoice when they end.

Bookmark   May 24, 2007 at 6:27PM
scottymam

I have been hearing a lot latley about Abulation. (spelling is probably wrong) they go in and do something to your uterus, so you stop having periods, however, unlike a hysterectomy you still have your parts, so you don't go into "early" menopause.
I just spent 7 weeks working at a temp job, and 5 of the ladies there said they had it, and were all very happy with their results. I'm thinking about speaking to my doc about it at my next checkup.

Ellie

Bookmark   May 27, 2007 at 3:58PM
jannie

I'm 54 and was extremely "regular" until a year ago. My last period started this April 3 and I haven't even spotted since. I hope I never get another one.

Bookmark   May 27, 2007 at 5:57PM
cattknap

I think most 48 year olds are not in menopause yet.

Bookmark   May 28, 2007 at 1:38AM
More Discussions
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
grule
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
36 and pre,peri, or post
Is needing help and answers. I am 36 soon to be 37...
alaskan78
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™