Breast Tenderness

earthygal52April 7, 2008

I am 52 and have been going through menopause, I too have very sore and painful nipples and breasts, I need to get a mammogram , but i'm just too sore, my mother died from Breast Cancer at the age of 55 only because she chose not to do anything about it, I'm not going down that way, I am relieved that other women are going through this, so it is normal, I was getting pretty scared, I will try evening primrose oil, anything to relieve this agony, Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobbi54

Hi Earthygal

I know what you mean. I've read that breast tenderness tends to happen more often with "estrogen dominance". Have you been tested? You might have a higher level of estrogen than progesterone. Stopping caffeine also helped me.
Bobbi -

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 11:36AM
earthygal52

Hi,Bobbi54, Thank you so much for that info, I believe you're right on, I am overweight and I know that is the cause of being "Estrogen Dominant" I need to find a gynocoligist so I can take care of this,Thanks again!

Bookmark   April 9, 2008 at 9:59PM
bobbi54

I would also like to mention Dr. Christiane Northrupp's book called "The Wisdom of Menopause". It is so full of wonderful information for you. Bobbi

Bookmark   April 10, 2008 at 11:02AM
mintsy

I am 55 and my nipples are really sore! My last period was Dec. 2007. I am glad all you women are here, now I am not so nervous. My breath even hurts the nipples when I blow on them.

Bookmark   May 14, 2008 at 5:44PM
earthygal52

Hi Ladies, Just wanted to mention, I have gotten relief, I've been taking Mega Omegas, Multi-vitamin's for over 50(no Iron),Lysine 1000 mg. and this seems to help, so don't give up, take back your life, it's just too short to be suffering like that, good Luck to you all!!!

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Breast Tenderness
Hi Everyone, ANyone out there having continual breast...
tomato44
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™