Hot flash newbie needs help :)

karoniApril 22, 2013

Hi all. I have recently joined the exclusive and hip hot flash club and I have a few questions:

1. Do you have hot flashes predictably (one, two, three a day) or unpredictably (four in one day then none for three days)?

2. Do you feel warmer than normal even when you are not having a hot flash?

3. Do you find you sweat more than you used to?

I ask because I'm having irregular hot flashes and yet I'm warmer than I normally am. I am usually cold and wear long sleeves and now I'm running around in tees and tank tops even when I'm not having a hot flash. Also, I've never sweated much but now I smell bed and feel mortified. Not sure what to do about that; I use a ton of deodorant.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pickyshopper

Hi Karoni. I do not have predictable hot flashes. I may get 1 hot flash per day or multiple ones or none for a few days. I do not feel warmer than normal when I`m not having a hot flash, I just feel the same as everyone else in my surroundings. I do not sweat more than I used to, while doing the same things. If you are sweating a bit more than usual and feeling warmer when not having a hot flash, you could be hyperthyroid, in addition to being menopausal. I would get your thyroid checked out just to be sure that your body temperature fluctuations are purely menopausal and not also due to any thryoid malfunction.

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
Menopause without HRT
Is there anyone out there who does not take HRT? I...
susan
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™