Vaginal Prolapse

anna_in_quebecApril 27, 2009

I am 50. No children. No period for about a year. For last few weeks I am feeling like there's "something" there - like maybe a tampon has slid down. This is terrifying me. I have read that this can be a cause: "Estrogen is a hormone that helps to keep the muscles and tissues of the pelvic support structure strong. After menopause, the estrogen level decreases; this means that the support structures may weaken." Is there no end to this meno-misery? I also have significant leakage of liquid which doesn't look or smell like urine. I say "look", because I am taking a supplement that turns the urine a bright yellow, and I've not really seen evidence of this when I feel there is leakage. Has anyoen experience something like this. I am terrified of tests and surgery "down there".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NancM

During menopause, changes to our bodies happen. I was concerned about prolapse twice. When I got up the nerve to see a doctor and have a pelvic exam, both times I was told there was no prolapse. The only follow up test I had once was an ultrasound, which is not a test to be terrified of and also found no abnormality.
Even when there is a prolapse, surgery is not a given. The link below is a website which promotes natural management of prolapse. I hope you can see a doctor so you know what is occurring rather than imagining the worst.

Here is a link that might be useful: whole woman

Bookmark   May 2, 2009 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
garule
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™