Vaginal Prolapse

anna_in_quebecApril 27, 2009

I am 50. No children. No period for about a year. For last few weeks I am feeling like there's "something" there - like maybe a tampon has slid down. This is terrifying me. I have read that this can be a cause: "Estrogen is a hormone that helps to keep the muscles and tissues of the pelvic support structure strong. After menopause, the estrogen level decreases; this means that the support structures may weaken." Is there no end to this meno-misery? I also have significant leakage of liquid which doesn't look or smell like urine. I say "look", because I am taking a supplement that turns the urine a bright yellow, and I've not really seen evidence of this when I feel there is leakage. Has anyoen experience something like this. I am terrified of tests and surgery "down there".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NancM

During menopause, changes to our bodies happen. I was concerned about prolapse twice. When I got up the nerve to see a doctor and have a pelvic exam, both times I was told there was no prolapse. The only follow up test I had once was an ultrasound, which is not a test to be terrified of and also found no abnormality.
Even when there is a prolapse, surgery is not a given. The link below is a website which promotes natural management of prolapse. I hope you can see a doctor so you know what is occurring rather than imagining the worst.

Here is a link that might be useful: whole woman

Bookmark   May 2, 2009 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™