bladder problems at ovulation?

nickyannApril 22, 2006

I am perimenopausal, & have very painful ovulations each month. They almost always have bladder problems, where my entire lower region is very sore and tender after urinating during this ovulation period. Anyone else have this problem? It's very frustrating, and no doctors seem to know anything about this problem.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Hi nickyann,
I don't know if this is similar, but when I would ovulate, it would cause me extreme pain to have a bowel movement. I finally figured out that it was when my stool was passing my sore ovary area, that was so painful. So I'm thinking maybe when your bladder shrinks, after you pee, perhaps it somehow rubs up against your ovary?
I know it sounds crazy.....and lots of docs would probably laugh at the notion........but if having a B.M. hadn't been so painful for me during ovulation, I probably wouldn't have believed it. I think anything in the area of the swollen ovary can cause pain.

Bookmark   April 22, 2006 at 4:34PM
landygirl

When I have ovulation pain which can last from 12 hours to 10 days! I find it very painful in lower left abdomen just before and at beginning of urination. NO one has explained why don;t think they know but glad I am not alone with bathroom pain and ovulation.

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 2:56PM
catherinet

My OB/GYN said that when we have hormonal changes, it can casue sweeling to alot of the structures in the abdomen (especially the bowel), and that's what gives us some of these symptoms.

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 6:54PM
mlord_tstt_net_tt

Nickyann, I have that same problem you're experiencing and more. I've been to so many doctors who firstly say I am not perimenopausal even though I am experiencing some of the worse perimenpausal symptoms. One doc told me its because to the painful ovulation ....hormonal changes I go through that the body is mimicking perimenopausal symptons but almost every month I have so much pain in the bladder area - below the stomach and on my left side front and back. No doc has been able to give me an explanation that would lead to a resolution except.... do a hysterctomy.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 10:57AM
More Discussions
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
post menopausal
Is there a board for post menopausal women or for women...
emee
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™