Hormonal symptoms after 3-4 years with no periods?

catherinetApril 2, 2008

Hi all,

I had slowly been stabilizing since I stopped having periods (after going through about 10 years of perimenopausal hell). Its been about 3-4 years since I've had a period. But recently, I got all the symptoms back......severe fatigue, headaches, sinus problems, GI problems, panic. I'm wondering if I had one good egg left and it finally errupted?? I wonder if this is how older women get "accidentally" pregnant?

I feel horrible. Just like I did in the midst of perimenopause.

Have any of you who stopped having periods a few years ago, had a return of all the symptoms?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

I'm going to reply to my own post!
I have had such sinus pressure and burning and hearing my pulse in my ear, I finally went to the ENT doctor. I mentioned that I wondered about my hormones, and he sort of shrugged it off. I'm going to have allergy testing next week. But......after I got home from the ENT visit, I started having really bad ovary pain!! I can't believe this. This substantiates my suspicions.
I wonder if some of our post menopausal symptoms are from our FSH getting sooooo high, that it starts beating our ovaries into submission........to spit out any possible remaining eggs. I was pretty sure this sinus stuff WAS hormonal......but gee, its been several years since I had a period. Now I have to decide if I want the allergy testing or not (I'll have to pay for it out of pocket).
I suppose with all my funky symptoms (fibromyalgia, etc.), that it probably wouldn't hurt to see if I had any allergies.
But I suspect, once again, its these DANGED hormones!!
Die you ovaries, die!!

Bookmark   April 9, 2008 at 4:16PM
bobbi54

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/You_have_ringing_in_your_ears_you_are_dizzy_your_sinus_burn_you_are_tired_a_lot_you_have_bad_pressure_in_your_ears_and_sinus

Hi Catherinet - Go to this link and hopefully it will help you. You might have to cut and paste it. It doesn't really sound like menopause to me. Hope this helps. Bobbi

Bookmark   April 10, 2008 at 11:33AM
valeriecrafty

Hi Catherinet ....I have that same problem!!.......hearing pulse in my one ear...this is crazy what us women go through............ugh....mine has let up alittle but have had it off and on for 3 yrs.......

Bookmark   April 11, 2008 at 10:29AM
More Discussions
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™