YIKES!! Strange fluid coming from breast...anyone??

kickypantsApril 29, 2007

YIKES! Its a day or so before my period and as usual I have tender breasts. So I put quite a bit of pressure on one of them and a tiny drop of grey-green-clearish liquid oozed out of the nipple!!! EEEWWW. It doesn't smell (like an infection might). There is definately no blood in it. The other one is fine. Has ANYONE ever had this happen?? I'm not just getting over nursing...my daughter is almost 6.

I know this may not be menopausal (although I do believe that I'm showing some signs at times), but I'm thinking that the majority of people on this forum would be women. Freaking out a bit...any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shotzy52

My sister used to have this occasionally, I am pretty sure it was nothing. But if you have ANY doubt, please call your dr. Safe then sorry. Really !

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 3:28PM
linda117117

Get to your doctor immediately, it could be a sign of something very serious or nothing at all. Don't take any chances.

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 2:16PM
jannie

The last two times I had my mammogram tests, just when the plates squeezed on my breast (yowch) , a drop of liquid came out of my right nipple. The technician said it happens frequiently. Both mammos were totally normal,according to the written reports.

Bookmark   May 18, 2007 at 4:17PM
rthummer

I have had that happen before. It was a long time ago, I thought it was because I was on synthyroid, or that was what I was told, and I can't even remember who told me.

Bookmark   May 24, 2007 at 11:38PM
alexis5555

As an RN I can tell you that any discharge from nipple should be evaluated by a doctor, not this forum!

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 12:03PM
sybl

Just go to the doctor. It's nearly always a normal fluctuation in hormones, however, you are going to worry about it until you see a doctor. Right? So, just go to the doctor. You will sleep better at night knowing it's OK.

Bookmark   July 15, 2007 at 8:52PM
More Discussions
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™