night sweats

goatladyApril 8, 2014

Good morning everyone. I am hoping someone can suggest something that will help with night sweats. I am starting to fall asleep at work. I have tried 4 different birth control pills and multiple herbal supplements. My OB/GYN has not been able to come up with a remedy as of yet. Also starting to have unpleasant dreams.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calisha46

Nothing helps. I've tried everything. Nothing helps.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 2:13PM
didi768

Try the crushed flax seeds.

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 10:06PM
brit5467

I've been using rhubarb extract for over a year now. doesn't get rid of the sweats completely but definitely made a difference. I can recommend Estrovera by Metagenics. I get them from Amazon.
Bonnie

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 10:13PM
lucy1au

I've started using garlic capsules (a dose of 3 capsules) every time I wake up with heat and it works - cools me down and gets me off to sleep again. I think it is phytoestrogenic, and it works for me, definitely improves the situation.

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 4:15AM
didi768

I do take garlic too now but ordered Siberian Rheubarb Root 4mg and my hot flashes and night sweats completely stopped. Same day in fact. That stuff is usually sold as "Estrovera." and costs 30.00 per month but.....the capsules I bought were 14.00 for three bottles of 100 each. It works unless hot flashes only happen when you would normally bleed or ovulate. We'll see if they come back.

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 9:03AM
amaryllis52

I posted here just now about this....my dr prescribed clonidine for me and that did it. I sleep like a clean sweet smelling baby now. No more sweating, no more waking up,it's heavenly!

Bookmark   May 19, 2014 at 8:51PM
ntt_hou

Someone suggested me to avoid caffeine products. I switched to decaffeinated coffee and avoid chocolate during those weeks. It seems to work, the sweat especially is very little and hot flashes are minor.

Bookmark   May 22, 2014 at 11:13PM
More Discussions
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling?
I am 44. I have the regular peri symptoms; hot flashes,...
javabean1
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™