nearly 56 and damned tired of having periods

gandbbApril 15, 2003

This can't be normal can it? Anybody else out there putting up with this? Tell me there is relief in sight. I am glad not to be having hot flashes and all of that but gee whiz people think I am hallucinating when I attribute my zits to my periods.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bulldinkie

Have you seen a dr?I had a hysterectomy about 5 years ago love it,dont miss that at all.

Bookmark   April 22, 2003 at 3:38PM
Jonesy

I had one at 43 and was the best decision I ever made. My doc recommended it.

Bookmark   May 19, 2003 at 6:50PM
sooz

I don't know if I have this correct or not, but maybe you can get a procedure called an intrauteral ablation (or something like that)--it uses an electrical current and apparently destroys the lining of the uterus which would normally be sloughed off every month...don't know the "down" side of this, but I seem to recall "no periods!"

Ask your doc, I guess
:o)

Bookmark   November 14, 2003 at 6:57PM
gandbb

thanks Sooz, but April turned out to me my very last month woohoo!

Bookmark   November 14, 2003 at 7:06PM
Karissa

I thought July had been my last month .... until last week. What a disappointment. I've been putting up with this patiently for 39 years, but to have the end so close and have the glory snatched away from me ....!!!! If I still have it by the time I'm 56 - I'll be insane!!! I'm 50 now and patience is running thin.

Bookmark   November 15, 2003 at 7:42PM
Lois_MO

I started menopause early 40's. Was on hormones for 15 yrs. I asked for a hysterectomy and the dr laughed, but said the insurance would not pay for it. She told me I'd have periods as long as I took the hormones - for the rest of my life.... Yeah, right. When I quit the hormones, at about 57, I quit the periods... YEAH!!! Just replace the hormones with the natural things recommended!

Bookmark   November 27, 2003 at 4:43PM
sammy zone 7 Tulsa

Shouldn't your doctor do a blood test to see at what stage you are in menopause? Mine did a blood test for years and when I was 53, she told me that my counts were low and I should start on HRT (that was 7 years ago). The first year I still had periods and she thought it was someting else and did a couple of tests. She increased the progesterone part of HRT and my periods stopped. Now things are different, but still you might want to see if you need a natural progesterone or something. (Personally I go off of the HRT when the bad reports came out, but many of my friends still are on it -- a personal thing.).
Sammy

Bookmark   December 23, 2003 at 5:30PM
Fat_Daddy

My wife come in tonight and told me the DR. said she would need a hysteroctomy. my wife is on the Estragin Implants.
She is having a period sometimes every 10 days in chunks.
Dr said she also had a tilted something which Ins pays to have done..
Some one explain me what happens. Does she still have orgasms?
Does the vigina still wet. What changes, sex wise?\
Are there mood swings? how do I need to help her during this.
Not to be weird I just need educating and I didn't want
to ask her quesions now.
Tks

Bookmark   January 6, 2004 at 3:20AM
sammy zone 7 Tulsa

Fat Daddy, You need to ask questions to your wife. She needs your love and support, so you should not ask a question in such a way that she will feel that she is disappointing you. She will go through many hormonal changes that her doctor can help her with. She needs to come to this board and ask questions herself. Sorry, but it isn't appropriate for you to ask questions for her. Your concerns should be addressed to your own doctor or perhaps to a support group for men. You really should address your concerns, but not here -- you are not the one going through menopause.
Sammy

Bookmark   January 8, 2004 at 6:50AM
More Discussions
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™