Could this be?

imn2craftsMarch 7, 2008

I am a newbie to this forum, mostly go to the KT and or cooking. I just found this forum and now I have a question if I may.

Sometime after the first of the year I started having these terrible headaches. At first it seemed to be like clockwork every 12 hours. Then I figured that by taking some Aleeve that is a 12 hour pill was the reason for the simularity of time. This headache(not migraine) was like someone hit me in the back of my head with a slug hammer. I get hot, at the back of my head, that is my 1st indication that it is coming.Now I have figured out I need to put an ice pack at the back of my neck ASAP.

I break down crying at work because it hurts so bad ( at least once a day) People at work think I have a brain tumor, or cancer , or something equally as worst.

When I went to my PCP he said I strained my trapzius muscle, sent me home with a prescription for 500 mg aleeve and a muscle relaxer. Well the aleeve upset my stomach and only took 1 relaxer because of the way it made me loopey.

My daughter works for a chiropractor and finally said I would go . Now that has been an overall relief, but the headaches are back. Started about 10:30 am and the ice was the only thing that helped. My Question---

Could this be the something to do with menopause. I had a complete hysterectomy back in 91 and went off HRT 1 year ago Jan. I do not know if I am or have gone though menopause.Any suggestion is appreciated...Deb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
njw753

The minute you had the surgery, you were in menopause. That's called surgical menopause. You won't have any other kind. I had a total hysterectomy in 1987 and have been in surgical menopause since then.

Yes, headaches are a sympton of menopause.

Why did you go off hrt? Have you considered bioidentical hormones? They come in gels, patches, creams and pellets. I have the pellets. They are implanted in my hip every 3-4 months. I get estrogen and testosterone. They have drastically changed my life for the better.

There are options out there and you don't need to suffer.

Bookmark   March 26, 2008 at 10:26AM
More Discussions
Is this temporary or is my life effectively over?
I am 51 years old and I haven�t had a period...
Bubbbles
post menopausal
Is there a board for post menopausal women or for women...
emee
spotting after menopause
Hi, 53 1/2 yrs old, started spotting this week. Had...
clyo
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™