Period after 4 years with none!

Carolyn407March 12, 2012

Strangely I'm kind of excited about this. My period ended early (I was 46) and I was sad about it ending, actually. Now I'm 50 and after four years, my period came today! Is this cause for concern? It doesn't look suspicious and isn't heavy, but it sure seems weird. I eased into menopause pretty smoothly and have had only mild and occasional hot-flashes and no night sweats. And now this. I would love to hear from others on this. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jtswife

I personally would call my doctor. I know my mom had uterine cancer and that is what happened to her, stopped her period and 5 years later started bleeding again.
Be safe and have it checked out.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 2:17PM
roxann79

Carolyn407, would you update us on how you are doing...? Not to be nosey, but woman always put whats going on but dont ofter follow up on how it turned out. It would be helpfull to know if you saw a Dr., and if everything turned out ok for you. Especially after what jtswife wrote.

Bookmark   May 3, 2012 at 3:12PM
Carolyn407

thanks for the comment and follow-up question. i did get checked out and have some things to address (nothing serious) and all is well. thanks again!

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
grule
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
grule
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™