Newbie with a question

robbyrobMarch 18, 2007

Hello all, I am 44 years old. I had my tubes tied about 18 months ago. Prior to that I had been on birth control pills off and on for 20 years. When the dr did the procedure to tie my tubes he noticed that I had a slight case of endometriosis. Since then I've noticed that my periods are much heavier and I have bad cramps when I ovulate. This past month I also noticed a light brownish discharge when I was ovulating almost like what you see at the end of your cycle. My dr wants me to have an ultrasound to check for polyps and fibroids. Is this normal and should I be concerned?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie26

When I had my tubes tied 23 years ago, my periods also changed to the worse. It seemed that I'd bleed or stain for 3 weeks with 1 week off. Only after I found a doctor who gave me hormones did my periods get back to normal. Other doctors said it was my age which was 32 at the time, as though 32 was a magic number where your body goes haywire.

A doctor once told me when I mentioned that I get brownish discharge that it means dried up blood and something they like to know about. He never explained why. But at the time, nothing was wrong with me except a fibroid which I was told to watch and see if menopause would take it away.

BTW, because of how I felt after getting my tubes tied, I never recommend it to someone else.

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 8:45PM
bud_wi

I had my tubes tied when I was in my thirties and immediately had problems. They don't tell you about any potential problems when you have it done and act like you are imagining the problems that follow the surgury.

One of the methods they use is to put in tiny metal clips that are there "sealing" the tubes. I had told them I am allergice to metal. I think they ignored me and put in the clips. I can't get a straight answer from them when I ask if they put in the clips. They just talk around my question.

The recovery time from the surgury is way longer than they tell you too. Plan on taking a lot of time off of work, especially if you work on your feet, and do heavy lifting like I do.

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 7:21PM
shotzy52

I am 53, at 29 I had my tubes "banded" the bands are plastic. I havent heard about the metal ones. Thats about all I know about it. I had a four year old and if I had a problem lifting and standing on my feet it has been erased from my memory. Of course nothing seems to stay in my brain these days. I am going to google complications from Tubiligation.

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 9:40PM
matti5

when my sister-in-law had her tubes tied a few years ago, her periods also changed for the worse, heavy bleeding and cramping. They thought it was fibroids, but the ultrasound was clear.

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 10:20PM
More Discussions
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Ten months w/o a period, then WHAM! It's baaaack! Grrrrr
I thought SURE I was gonna get my menopause badge in...
sooz
Sponsored Products
Marina Cool Gravel Cleaner - 11058
$21.99 | Hayneedle
Marina Algae Magnet Cleaner - 11021
$21.99 | Hayneedle
Marina Easy Clean Water Changer 50 ft. Hose - 11041
$123.99 | Hayneedle
Marina 50 Air Pump - 11110
$24.99 | Hayneedle
Marina Multi-Tool - 11012
$39.99 | Hayneedle