Headaches,Dizziness, Anxiety! Help!!

gusta_of_4March 11, 2008

This is such a great forum! I am so glad that I found it. I have been reading some past posts but was hoping for some updates. Two years ago I went one month without a period.Two months after that I ended up in the hospital with severve vertigo! They ran every test possible and found nothing!! Sent me home and I was down with it for 2 weeks!! It went away, but started to come back faintly, after two months. It has been downhill ever since!! I have been to just about every medical doctor possible,having every test possible, and was finally told to live with it!! I even went to a natural doctor, but I couldn't afford it anymore than the few months of going, and they hadn't found anything! Four months ago it seemed to go away, as well as well as not having a period. But now it is all back! Plus I am having severe headaches. I keep waiting for the big one(vertigo) to hit again. I can't take much more. It is awful and I am so scared. Is there anything natural that anyone has taken for this? I will try most anything. I would appreciate any input from someone who has experienced this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobbi54

Hi Gusta - I thought I replied to this the other day, but guess not - Menopause Brain! I don't know of the Vertigo thing but do know I was getting headaches and having brain function problems. I'm now taking Soy Isoflavones, L-Theanine, Turmeric and 5-HTP and things are finally starting to be a lot less foggy. I don;t know if this helped.
Bobbi -

Bookmark   March 18, 2008 at 1:28PM
deemarie5500

Try BONINE (motion sickness medicine sold over-the-counter). It is my lifesaver for vertigo; however, unless you want to sleep all day, break the tablet into 3-4 pieces and take it about 4-5 hours apart. Good Luck and feel better.

Bookmark   March 20, 2008 at 8:54AM
gusta_of_4

Thanks so much for the info! Actually I have a regular prescription for the dizziness but I'm afraid to take it because I was taking it the last time right before I ended up in the hospital and I just don't know if it triggered it or not! I am so afraid to take anything because of it. The medical doctor even gave me a mild relaxer for the anxiety attacks that I was getting, and that too is still in the cupboard. One of the side effects was dizziness!! That makes alot of sense!! I just might have to give in and try it! I was also taking Black Cohosh until the headaches started and found out that even though they are natural, they can give headaches!! Listen to me, I sound like a hypocondriact(how ever you spell it)! Actually I believe in taking anything natural if at all possible.
Bobbi54, what is HTP? And how much of the other stuff do you take? Thanks ladies for your help, I really need it. Doctors are no help at all.

Bookmark   March 20, 2008 at 3:39PM
deemarie5500

Be advised that Black Cohosh can cause or contribute to high blood pressure! That could be the cause of a headache or dizziness!

Feel better!

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 12:41PM
cheerful1_gw

I'm interested in the 5-htp also. I saw it in the drug store today.

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 12:05PM
More Discussions
Macafem supplements
Has anyone tried Macafem supplements to help with menopausal...
eliza1
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
dental woes and menopause
After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can...
janeinspace
Menopause and Thyroid Nodule
Hi I am almost 48 years old, I have been told I am...
Jen66
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™