Dizzy?

catherinetMarch 5, 2005

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you get spells of dizziness, as part of your trip through perimenopause? I thought I was past all this, but about 6 weeks ago, I had bilateral ovary pain, and life has gotten yukky ever since. For about a week now, I've had alot of headaches and dizziness. Anybody else dizzy?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1

I'd suggest you get checked out on that one...

Bookmark   March 9, 2005 at 9:35PM
lahtay

Wow--yes I have been getting dizzy spells!
Mine feel like loss of equilibrium, not the
fainting kind.

Bookmark   March 21, 2005 at 9:40AM
catherinet

HI lahtay,
Yes, mine are more like loss of equilibrium too. They're not too bad........just enough to be irritating!

Bookmark   March 22, 2005 at 10:23AM
cheerful1_gw

I know the feeling, CatherineT and Lahtay. I've been getting these off-balance type of feelings along with fatigue.

Bookmark   April 27, 2005 at 7:48AM
sbdoerr

Yes!! and scary. Dizzy spells several times a day, to the point i feel like my legs are going to buckle from underneath me, and feel like a drunk person. Usually accompanied by a bit of nausea and terrible eye pain. Passes quickly, but leaves me wiped-out feeling for a short while. I thought I was crazy. Just did not seem like it should be a "menopause-thing." (surgically-induced; 48 and hysterectomy in April 05.)

Bookmark   November 30, 2005 at 9:25PM
joan1957

I have been getting these dizzy spells for about a year now. I also feel like I have lost my equilibruim and sway like a drunk. It is most noticable when I am at the computer. I feel nausea with it. I have been told it is due to hormonal fluctuations that constrict blood vessels in my head. It is a variant of a migraine headache without the pain .. called vestibular migraine. Anyone have any helpful suggestions for dealing with this. I don't want to go on medication for it. Sometimes it last for minutes and sometimes for hours. Help.

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 10:35AM
cheerful1_gw

I've been getting very light headed lately. I feel like my feet won't hold me up. It seems to have taken the place of my hot flashes.

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 6:49AM
dawn1974

I have been getting dizzy spells on and off for a couple of years now, but this last month has seen a major increase of these occurrences, generally every day, lasting anywhere between 10mins to all day!!!! I feel off balance & get eye pain (feels like it's right in the socket), sometimes I feel like the room is spinning round me (like vertigo?). It's completely draining and I feel like all I want to do is sleep for a week! The constant nausea is becoming unbearable. I wouldn't wish this feeling on anyone, but I'm also glad to discover that I'm not the only one with these symptoms!

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 7:51AM
More Discussions
help me interpret the FSH numbers?
i just received my FSH results back (and though i realize...
llmoyer123
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
Advice on HRT
I am 53, I have not had a period in about 2 years....
gigim
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™