Reunited and it feels so good........

tonih72February 7, 2006

Hello!! I posted a message a few weeks ago introducing myself to everyone.. I mentioned in my 'introduction' that I recently reunited with my ex husband.

Here's my story......

THE BASICS:

We (me and Rob)were married for 6 years, got divorced, remained divorced for 4 years. Now we are back together. We have a daughter together (she's 8) and is TOTALLY thrilled to have mom and dad back together. My son (previous marriage - age 12) is happy too! His dad was absent most of his early years so Rob was practically the only dad he knew (Rob and I met when he was 2).

WHAT WENT WRONG?

I was only 23 when Rob and I met. VERY VERY immature. Didn't take my marriage seriously. Thought the grass was greener on the other side...the list goes on and on.

WHAT CHANGED?

Thank Goodness I came to my senses....grew up.... and realized I had made a HUGE mistake......but...it was a little too late.... Rob got involved with someone else and she made our lives a living h*ll. She was very jeoulous of me, and very jeoulous of Rob relationship with our daughter. I tried to talk to Rob and let him know that I wanted to work things out, but I think he 'had heard the wind blow before'. He stayed with this girl for 2 years until he finally learned that she was NO GOOD (should've listened to me). He actually had to evict her from his home to get rid of her (that's a whole 'nuther' posting...lol).

In these 2 years that he was with 'her', I put myself through h*ll, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I could not FORCE myself to think of anything else except getting him back. In my heart I KNEW that there would come a day that we would be back together, I just didn't know when. I never gave up hope - and eventually my prayers were answered and I was able to talk to him and tell him from my heart what I was feeling. I think he was a little nervous at first (because we've been there before). But THANK GOD he was willing to give it a try... it's been 5 months since then and we are getting along great. For the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to my future.

So I guess now I feel like it's 'my duty' to urge people to take their marriage seriously, to give it 'one more try'...etc.....

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

I want to ask questions (post topics) of areas that we still need to work on and things like that. I hope ya'll are willing to help me / guide me along the way.....

THANKS!

Toni

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emmhip

Wow! That is quite a story. Good luck with your future together!

Bookmark   February 9, 2006 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
Cheating Husband
I met my husband 23 years ago. We married 1.5 years...
The-Good-Wife
"Friend" Marriage
I have been looking up posts for months that relate...
TCope5824
Wife cheated Entire Marriage, do I stay? - Help
I found out after 4 years dating and 10 years of marriage...
whazzup44444444
My husband became cold, apathetic, after we came back from vacati
Me and my husband have been together for 13 years,...
karine81
Frustrated and lonely
Hi, I am really glad I found this forum, I can see...
forgottenhusband1
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Surya Rugs Somerset Bay Lettuce Leaf 3
Home Depot
Hughes Leather Bench - Brighton Lemon Grass Yellow
Joybird Furniture
"Ella" Corset Vase - CLEAR
$95.00 | Horchow
Quoizel Uptown Theater Row 7-Light 28" Wide Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Spencer Square Unfinished Solid Parawood End Table
Overstock.com