is this possible?

jannieMarch 29, 2007

My SIL just turned 59, says she still gets regular periods and is not in menopause. She had a d and c about two years ago, other than that,she says she's always been perfectly regular. Is this possible? i'm asking because I'm 54 ad in the past year my periods stopped and re-started twice. My doctor says I'm unusual. Isn't age 59 a little more "unusual"? I suspect she's lying so she'll appear more youthful. Or am i being b@#$%y?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
celeste_meno

Hi Jannie,
I think anything is possible with menopause. It's ok to be a "you know what" once and a while. It's a blessing from God. I like the fact that your doctor called you "unusual." I would hate to be "usual", how boring! Hope this brightens your day.
Celeste

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 11:04AM
marie26

I'll be 56 next week and although I've missed the odd period during the past year, I'm not yet in menopause. At least I'm not the oldest one out there but I've been saying for years that I'm going to hold the world's record for this.

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 12:08PM
matti5

My best friend is 55 and still having regular periods and not experiencing any issues related to menopause.

I was standing in line at the grocery store a while back and noticed an eldery woman about 75 or 80, buying sanitary pads and tampons. I kept thinking "Oh please tell me those are for your daughter or grandaughter and not you".

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 7:57PM
jannie

I guess if someone can be menopausal at 45, then 59 is also possible. Personally, I wish my periods would end forever. Just think of all the money we spend on sanitary supplies, only to flush them down the toilet or put in the trash!

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 7:01PM
linda117117

Hi all, Im new to this post, but after reading, now maybe I think something is wrong. I had my last period 7/2006. I was 44, now 45. I figured it was menopause, maybe its not. Apparently this is not the norm? I haven't been to the gyno since. Anyone else out there go thru this so early?

Bookmark   April 9, 2007 at 8:56PM
shotzy52

My last period was over six years ago, I am 52. You cant start counting menopause until you havent had a period for 1 year! If you bleed before that you have to start counting over. Has anyone else heard that.

Bookmark   April 9, 2007 at 9:36PM
lilacs_of_may

That's what I've heard. A couple times I've counted down, only to have to start over at 10 months or 9 months. This time looks like it. I'm at 11 something months. I'm only 53, btw.

Bookmark   April 11, 2007 at 1:11AM
pecanpie

Linda, I'm new here, and I had my last period at 43. Or maybe it was 42. Who's counting?

Perfectly regular, uneventful and painless periods until one day I just stopped. That was it.

My gyn told me I MUST have had some physical indications (skipped periods, some heavy bleeding) but because I was so young, she missed all the emotional/physiological signs of perimenopause I had been exhibiting. Needless to say I punted her.

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 9:58AM
shotzy52

Drs. they dont know it all. Good for you.

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 1:08PM
More Discussions
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
Over active Libido..
I have heard of losing your sex drive during menapause,...
vicki_Indiana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™