endometrial biopsies......

catherinetMarch 16, 2004

Hi all,

I'm sort of bummed. I was having what felt like ovary pain. I'm 54 and haven't had a period for 1 year. I've also been off HRT for 1 year. The transvaginal ultrasound showed a cyst on both ovaries, which is probably what was causing the pain. The doc said not to worry. I also have a small fibroid in the uterus. But there was also another blip on the radar screen that she couldn't explain, and wants to do a biopsy. Bummer. The first one I had years ago didn't hurt, but the second one did. What are your experiences with biopsies and pain?

I don't think I'll get too nervous about this "blip" just yet.....although I was on HRT (combination) for 6 years.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mary_md7

I had an endometrial biopsy because of irregular bleeding. The doc and I decided to do it during the visit when I went in to talk with her about this. Boy, did I regret it--had no idea how bad it would be. "You'll experience some cramping and you could take some Advil." HUH? Major, major cramping during the procedure and after. A "vaso-vagal" reaction after(nearly fainted when I stood up). I called DH to come and get me. If there is a next time (and I hope there isn't) I'm going to ask for meds first. Like, maybe heroin.

Bookmark   March 30, 2004 at 1:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
compumom

I had two many many years ago in trying to become pregnant. It was UNBEARABLE! Both were with male docs and that's when I changed to a woman! I would never undergo that again without sedation!

Bookmark   April 27, 2004 at 1:22PM
More Discussions
Anyone got relief for palpitations?
Hi everyone. I'm 52 and I've been going thru menopause...
grandmapoo
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
Relevant, funny essay about this mid-life nightmare
https://medium.com/@zabado11/open-letter-to-women-4509c2f65c1d...
zabado
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™