Still 'cycling' after menopause?

catherinetMarch 27, 2007

Hi,

I haven't had a period for about 3 years, but I still feel like I know when what little estrogen I have drops. My sinuses dry up, my skin dries up, I get migraines, my GI tract acts up, I get very neurotic about dying, and I get really depressed, I cry at the drop of a hat, and I'm afraid to do anything.

It really feels like I'm still having cycles......just no periods.

I have fibromyalgia, and sometimes I can't tell if its a flare of that, or my hormones. Do any of the rest of you who are in menopause seem to continue to have these cycles? What a pain in the butt!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheerful1_gw

My periods are all out of whack. Missed 3 of them last year, now I've missed my second this year. Felt like I ovulated a couple of weeks ago, will see what happens. Depression, crying and anxiety are normal for me these days.

Bookmark   March 27, 2007 at 9:46AM
catherinet

Are we pathetic or what???? lol!

Bookmark   March 27, 2007 at 11:52AM
cheerful1_gw

Just got what I think is my period. Light bleeding, cramps aren't too bad. The anxiety drives me nuts!

Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 9:05AM
catherinet

Ever since I went through perimenopause EVERYTHING makes me anxious! Its such a drag!
I wonder if its related to sleep problems? Sleep deprivation can really make a person whacky!

Bookmark   April 4, 2007 at 8:57PM
cheerful1_gw

Today the bleeding is heavier, and the cramps really kicked in. I wonder if the anxiety is causing the sleeplessness, or vice versa. Whichever way it is, it's not fun!!

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 7:25AM
catherinet

I had a sleep study last May, which showed I had various sleep problems (apnea, alpha wave intrusion, no REM sleep). It makes me wonder if lots of women going through menopause begin to have these kinds of problems. I guess I'm finally going to think about trying a cpap machine, but I think it will be a challenge.
In retrospect, I really think its been my sleep problems that have made the past 10 years pretty much a constant struggle. I think sleep deprivation can cause all sorts of craziness. Even if you think you've had a good night's sleep, it doesn't mean you have.

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 7:57AM
More Discussions
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Excessive burping and fluttering....
lately, starting after I exercise....has anyone else...
ballysharon
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
Peri-menopause ???
Hi - I'm new here so sorry if this question has been...
Trikki
question about estrace cream
Is estrace cream a bio-identical hormone? Is it safe...
cindy_pond
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™