Trouble getting to sleep

carla17February 20, 2007

Does anyone know if part of the M is not being able to get to sleep. I'm pretty good about staying asleep if I can go to sleep!!! Arghhhhhh.

Before I started this journey I remember seeing a woman on Oprah say to embrace menopause. She must have been nuts. I am certainly not at that point yet and haven't found anything about it that I want to embrace.

Thanks,

Carla

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hunter_tx

I think she is nuts too, if it makes you feel any better :)

Are you having trouble getting to sleep due to anxiety or is it some kind of physical discomfort, or can you tell? I know that when I was having a great deal of anxiety about a year ago, it was probably the effects of a recent succession of stressful events occuring within a short period of time. When I get really stressed emotionally, my stress hormones get all out of whack with elevated evening cortisol levels, and low DHEA levels. I never knew that was the case until my new (and wonderful) gyn suspected that and tested my stress hormone levels when she tested my sex hormone levels at my yearly. I was also having menopausal symptoms. Anyway, she put me on a much needed supplement and gave me some diet and lifestyle information that has helped immensely. It took a couple of months for me to get back to a normal sleep habit, but I have not had such a severe problem since then. I am still having hormonal fluctuations, or at least I suspect that to be the case, because I have been much more moody and prone to crying or getting aggravated much easier than what is my normal, but the insomnia has resolved, and I feel much more emotionally stable and can tolerate the mood swings more easily. I have had moderate success with a couple of herbal remedies in the past when insomnia was really causing me a problem. I hope you can get this resolved. Sleeplessness is really hard on a person both mentally and physically. Good luck.
Mrs H

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 11:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheerful1_gw

I've been having problems sleeping for the last few weeks. I sleep for maybe a couple of hours, then I wake up all wound up, and I'm like that until I eventually fall asleep again. Embrace menopause? I'd like to smack it around!

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 7:09AM
More Discussions
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all,...
tanama
Very long menstrual period
Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't...
Mtn_Girl
Complete identity crisis with my body
Hi Ladies, I am now 58. Had my last period at 52 1/2....
garule
Need to hear from woman past meno
Hello Everyone, I am 58 and had my lat period at 52...
garule
Sponsored Products
Victoria Park Red 68 x 24-Inch Tailored Tier Curtain Pair
$21.95 | Bellacor
Lamp Sets: Sonoma 32 in. Antique Ebony and Nickel Incandescent Table Lamp (Set o
Home Depot
Progress IC New Construction CFL Recessed Light Housing
$14.98 | Lamps Plus
Accu-Gold Memory Foam Mattress 13-inch Full size Bed Sleep System
Overstock.com
Blue Orka Plus Oven Mitt
$11.99 | zulily
Eliot U-Sofa Sectional - Key Largo Grape Purple
Joybird Furniture
12'x15' Sky Blue Oversize Oushak 100% Wool Hand Knotted Oriental Rug Sh19503
1800 Get A Rug
American Drew Camden-Light 8 Piece Leg Dining Room Set in White Painted