Bio-identical, I'm wondering

carla17February 18, 2007

I don't remember what show but Suzanne Sommers was on TV interviewing with someone about bio-identicals. The person was pointing out that bio's may be as dangerous as synthetic hormone replacements. Do you have any thoughts on this?

I've been using progesterone cream compounded by a natural pharmacy for about 3 yrs. I know these people know what they are doing, or at least I hope so. Lately my hot flashes are at their worse and I can't get to sleep.

Carla

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dmb57

Hi,

Im post menopause. I say this because its been a year and a half since my last period. But my extreme symptoms started about one year after my last period. Anxiety set in. I fight it daily. I believe its our hormones withdrawing. Ive decided to try bioidenticals at this time. I need to get my life back. Has anyone tried these with success?
Denise

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 7:33PM
shotzy52

I am on Prempro, but my girfriend uses Bio, it took about 6 months to feel any better. But she has breast cancer in her family so she didnt go with western medicine. They are still hormones. Of course the ins. wont pay, unless you live in Calif. and then I think they pay some. Hang in there! We all are feeling your pain. Shotzy

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 8:11PM
Heathen1

I watched my mother who had a hysterectomy at 40, go on hormones then not be able to withdraw off. She's a naturally anxious person, which makes it worse. (and I understand totally that everyone is different) But I didn't want to be chained to my hormones like my mother... it's why I am afraid to do anything like take hormones.

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 3:36PM
More Discussions
Cramping, but no periods
I'm just wondering if this is a common part of entering...
dee_can1
Ten months w/o a period, then WHAM! It's baaaack! Grrrrr
I thought SURE I was gonna get my menopause badge in...
sooz
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes that...
texasone
7 days short of a year without a period then BAM!
Bottle of wine has been waiting for 11/7 to celebrate...
Amy-from-Westport
Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding
I am 53 and had my last "full" period about...
wifetojoeiii
Sponsored Products
Rain Gauge and Thermometer - 02345A2
$24.98 | Hayneedle
Possini Euro Design Glass Bands 23 3/8" Wide Bath Light
Euro Style Lighting
SW 5050 LED Strip Light 60/m 10mm wide 5m Reel
EnvironmentalLights.com
Kichler Sayre Collection Olde Bronze Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Area Rug: Jewel Ruby 4' x 6'
Home Depot