Staining in between since pap smear exam

marie26February 11, 2005

I am almost 54. Four years ago, I had staining between periods and the doctor tested me and found large fibroids. I was given pills for a short while and my periods became regular until now.

I went for a pap smear a month ago which was normal but the fibroids are still large (according to the doctor during the exam). Anyways, since the exam I have been staining continuously. Is this just coincidence? Must I go back to the doctor? Or how long should I wait it out?

I had dental work done and have been on pain killers for the past couple of weeks. Could this be causing the breakthrough bleeding?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Hi Marie,
I'm not real familiar with fibroids.......but maybe when he scratched you for the pap smear, he dug into part of the circulation of the fibroid? I guess I'm less concerned, since your pap was normal. Is it fresh-looking blood, or old stuff? If it's bright red, I think I would go back to the doctor. You also don't want to get anemic over the long run. If it's darker, old stuff, I don't think I'd worry about it and would probably give it another month. Good luck!

Bookmark   February 12, 2005 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
Aches when getting out of bed, or after sitting
I have been wondering if the following is a symptom...
phyldelux
Weird Adrenalin Rushes
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum, and wondering...
Robbie_WY
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
I have gone almost two years without a period. The...
azdeb
severe vaginal atrophy
I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have...
coco2008
All the symptoms I've experienced!!!!!
Well Ladies, Where do I begin to tell you of all the...
pudd
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™